Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Chicago Mw Dated's Not In Dated Cat??

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 356Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
22 Posts
Posted 02/28/2020   3:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add precanceler to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just Know My Buddy Matt, could have something on this too. So will direct this more to him but others very welcome to reply.
This is an L-52 IHS as listed in the T&T cat. However when trying to cross reference it in the Dated Cat, only listing for L-52's have a different IHS showing, labeled as MW-1. PLUS Dated cat only shows MW-1 used for 3 months, on a 26 12c, and prexy 1.5c and 3c. At first I thought I had made an error in ID'ing the type, I don't think I have. What is also kind of kewl is I have this L-52 in a horizontal format on 26, 17c, 20c, 25c and 30c. lots of other 26 denoms, coils and prexy as well as SC 720's of various months and years. Also on the War-Defense issues mostly so far IHS is from 40 to 42, ( still sorting so could be other yrs)
Now the most interesting of all these L-52's is one on a 5c Prexy over a 71 Buro. Dated Mar 57. ( I have a small accumulation of IHS's on Bureau's from Oakland but this is my 1st Chi.)
There it is ya'll so chime in with your thoughts, all are appreciated.
Laters
T
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2458 Posts
Posted 02/28/2020   4:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chasa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think they include the IHS's in the dated catalogs
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 356Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05