Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Famous Football(Soccer Players On Stamps)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 371Next Topic  
Valued Member

Egypt
75 Posts
Posted 03/02/2020   08:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add aboauf to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello
I started making a collection of soccer famous players on stamps anyone else doing same?

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Ireland
226 Posts
Posted 03/02/2020   10:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FitzjamesHorse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I collect Ireland stamps and some football players appear on stamps.
I also collect Manchester United and (Glasgow) Celtic players on stamps.
MAnchester United players Dennis Law, George Best, Bobby Charlton and Bryan Robson and manager Matt Busby appear on British stamps.
Roy Keane, Paul McGrath and Liam Whelan (who was killed in the Munich Air Crash in 1958) are on Irish stamps.
Packie Bonnar (Celtic goalkeeper) is on an Irish stamp.
Bobby Charlton is on a stamp in Malta.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4794 Posts
Posted 03/02/2020   10:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is also a football thread here

http://goscf.com/t/17305&whichpage=15
Valued Member
Egypt
75 Posts
Posted 03/02/2020   5:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add aboauf to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

FitzjamesHorse thanks I will check them ,is there any stamp for robbie keane?
GeoffHa thanks I will check it but I meant famous footballers on stamps not just football stamps ,like the sweden zlatan stamps etc
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4794 Posts
Posted 03/02/2020   6:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, I see. I collect pre-war football cigarette cards, but not football stamps!
Valued Member
Belarus
84 Posts
Posted 03/03/2020   01:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vicaf60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A set from Manama issued in 1972.

Frankly speaking, I bought it just for one stamp - with Gérson de Oliveira Nunes, known as Gérson, who participated in the 1960 Olympic Games in Rome:

Here are the other stamps from the set:

Denis Law

Bobby Moore

Uwe Seeler

Luigi Riva

Pele

Pillar Of The Community
2156 Posts
Posted 03/03/2020   03:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ladislao Kubala

Johan Cruiff

Both, as FC Barcelona players, on 1974 Equatorial Guinea stamps
Valued Member
Belarus
84 Posts
Posted 03/03/2020   2:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vicaf60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The mini sheet from Equatorial Guinea to commemorate Barcelona FC anniversary
Pillar Of The Community
2156 Posts
Posted 03/04/2020   05:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On the same set, there's this mini-sheet commemorating the 1973/74 Spanish championship:

On the far right, you can see the Peruvian player Hugo "Cholo" Sotil. Also, the other members of the team are also shown: Carles (Charly) Reixach, Quim Sadurní, Rifé, Marcial, Torres, Gallego, De la Cruz, Eladio, Costa.

I, still, can remeber their names!
Edited by Cursus - 03/04/2020 05:54 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 371Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05