Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Mexico Album - Scott

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 63 / Views: 2,916Next Topic
Page: of 5
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29695 Posts
Posted 05/19/2020   07:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. Saved.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 05/20/2020   10:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1935-1940. I was still not able to figure out that San Luis Potosi stamp - though I have a feeling it might be a much newer stamp that is tricking me.

Edited by Mrita75 - 05/21/2020 12:01 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 05/29/2020   1:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Decided to work on a few MX BOB. Porte De Mar and some Official Stamps.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 05/29/2020   7:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Integrating more stamps into my pages. Glad to be back in the swing of things - I forgot what a good stress relief this can be. It is also obvious that my kids school ended - hence more time for stamping - and I got my computer back!

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29695 Posts
Posted 05/29/2020   8:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your collection is blossoming, Nora.
May we have a close up of this stamp, please?
I find the Pmk intriguing.......
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 05/29/2020   8:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Rod, And absolutely - I always get energized and encouraged when folks comment on my stamps. Here it is.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29695 Posts
Posted 05/29/2020   9:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Nora,
It is what I thought, looks like an "envelope" in the middle of the footprint duplex "killer"
I feel I have seen that before, not sure where................

Update: I have no examples of a duplex Pmk in my admittedly, small Mexico collection, so I have not seen it from Mexico..........

Edited by rod222 - 05/29/2020 9:07 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 05/30/2020   3:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Postal Tax Stamps. Hmmmm One has me confused though. I'll post on that in a bit.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   12:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1914 Transitorio. Lovely.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 06/01/2020   12:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
More BOB tonight. Air Post Stamps.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29695 Posts
Posted 06/01/2020   01:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Mexican Catalogue is hard to define, as an overall design regime.
It covers all tastes and styles.
These late Art Deco, Art Nouveau issues I am particularly fond of,
Some of the outstanding issues, appealing to my taste.

Would look fabulous as mint.
Amazing font.
Edited by rod222 - 06/01/2020 02:06 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   11:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Working more pages - keeping busy and trying to relax from all the frustrations and stress right now.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29695 Posts
Posted 06/04/2020   12:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice to see you mount the brace of 1964 stamps to preserve the Postmark.
Take 10 points
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 06/04/2020   12:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can anyone tell me if these are the same stamp - 649? there is a type I with Eagle on Palace dome which I believe both have there is also a type II with no eagle - however the color and print seems different? Maybe one is just more faded or damaged. Insight is appreciated. Nora.
Edited by Mrita75 - 06/04/2020 12:42 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29695 Posts
Posted 06/04/2020   01:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Opinion: Same stamp.
The lighter shade may have been soaked in warm / hot water, dulling the ink.
You can see the definition loss, the blurry lines of the light blue.
Made in a 2 pass print, one stamp shows the loss of registration, and the internal vignette has lowered almost blocking out the "National Theatre" inscription.

Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 63 / Views: 2,916Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05