Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Mexico Album - Scott

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 95 / Views: 4,707Next Topic
Page: of 7
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31259 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   10:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
shouldn't these have an over print to be 106?

Sorry, that was a typo.
I am having troubles with my new HP cordless keyboard
it oft leaves out letters, (or I have big fingers)
very frustrating.

Just to confirm, you have 2 x 106e
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 01/14/2021 10:32 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
671 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   10:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Again Rod - I always appreciate your feedback. Here is the page in progress. I went with the prettier of the two in my opinion. I also double checked for watermarks :)

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31259 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   10:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Coming along nicely.
Dislike commenting on "value", but collections like these, with protected stamps, and strongly represented, can only hold or increase in value. It's nice to know hard work can be rewarded in both enjoyment and value.

Some interesting reading from Farley Katz
Pursuing the origination of the Hidalgo Vignette.....

"The visual sources of the Hidalgo Stamps"

Edited by rod222 - 01/14/2021 10:54 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
671 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   11:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, thank you for sharing that. I did note some nose irregularity :). really interesting. I have had some mis-steps in my album (s) - but for the most part, I really love how it looks and I work hard to find nice decently centered stamps. I am soon getting new nice built-in shelves/desk in my office/stamp room where I can place all of my catalogues and binders.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31259 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   11:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
671 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   6:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finally got my sc#173 to join the Hidalgo Medallion Family. That one took me time to find at a decent $ and acceptable color. I also got some nice #47s today. So happy it is Friday - work is done, having a cold beer and stamping away. Salud!

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
671 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   9:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I decided to scan these two Hidalgo figures of value. They seem to be thin figure - with no period after the 12 unless they were messed with (the second one might be). I also note that the 12s look different. I am looking in my catalogue but am not sure 47? 53? or manipulated stamps (maybe a 66) made to look like 47 or 53...I have two others with perfs and one more I am pretty certain is a 47 but these two are suspect. Any help is always appreciated.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2101 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   9:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The top one is thin figures, the bottom is thick figures, with a trace of a period just after the "2". Would not have seen it without the nicely magnified scan.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
671 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   9:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
aha! scanning, so helpful I need to do it more (now that I have figured it out). Thank you. Well I am pleased for seeing something was awry and investigating further - I am learning more and more. Thank you hy-brasil - I hope you are well.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31259 Posts
Posted 01/23/2021   01:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely stamps!
Early imperfect engraved stamps, have endless fascination.
and we are still unsure if Hildago's visage is in any way accurate.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1498 Posts
Posted 01/23/2021   11:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nicely done, Nora. Even though I am not actively working on my Mexico collection these days, your examples confirm my reasoning for making Mexico one of my several specialty areas of collecting. Steve
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
671 Posts
Posted 01/23/2021   1:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome Steve. Not a lot of Mexico collectors on the site - so of course I am excited when others have interest or share their collection and insight. I know I am biased, but I really love collecting Mexico, because I believe the early stamps are beautiful with such history and nuance - and many of the early stamps are attainable. Of course I love the US stamps - however, many of the very early stamps are out of my league. :)
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5628 Posts
Posted 01/23/2021   1:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am enjoying the tour Nora. Great job. Your collection looks very "squared away" and that is a very good thing.

PS: Whenever I come across a bunch of "numerals" it is very challenging to get the perf and color IDs correct and I likely don't. LOL Hats off to you.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
671 Posts
Posted 02/12/2021   8:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I hadn't shared any progress in a bit on Mexico as my ability to find what I want has become difficult. Additionally, anything I have purchased from Mexico is taking FOREVER to arrive. Sharing a few work in progress Airmail, misc. and some First Flight Covers + Postal Stationary. The Covers are of interest to me because my family is from Matamoros, Mexico (my Dad specifically).

Edited by Mrita75 - 02/12/2021 8:21 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
671 Posts
Posted 02/12/2021   8:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Did some close ups of these. 1898 unwatermarked.

Cinco Pesos 1910

Un Peso 1910 scott 319

Edited by Mrita75 - 02/12/2021 8:48 pm
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 95 / Views: 4,707Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05