Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Mexico Album - Scott

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 117 / Views: 6,675Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2632 Posts
Posted 02/12/2021   11:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Coming along nicely!

Nice to see you going into stationery and covers. See:
http://goscf.com/t/76165
Prices are all over the place for these and I don't see why. Mine have some damage so if you can tolerate that, it should be easier to find a reasonably priced example.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by hy-brasil - 02/13/2021 12:22 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
825 Posts
Posted 02/12/2021   11:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sr. hy-brasil - thank you. I will check your link out. Yes I am starting to peek into covers, postcards and stationary. I hesitate more on the purchase as I am not so familiar with how to catalogue and the value. What I have purchased has been pure sentimental.

hy-brasil: The link did not work for me..something about security...
Edited by Mrita75 - 02/13/2021 12:05 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2632 Posts
Posted 02/13/2021   12:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, fixed now. Should have been http and not https. Sorry!
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1265 Posts
Posted 02/13/2021   02:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They look nice.

I was wondering where the name of the town of Matamoros came from. Normally, you would link that to someone called Yago or coming from a town that has Saint James as patron saint. But I read it is named after Mariano Matamoros.
Valued Member
United States
244 Posts
Posted 02/13/2021   10:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nora, I just read through the post. Very nice collection going. Because of you, I decided to start going through my Mexico collection last night. It's definitely challenging identifying some of the stamps, but there's some good info here already to help me. The odd shapes of some stamps will present a challenge for mounting. The Steiner pages don't seem to have suitable frames in some cases, so I might ceate my own. I plan to keep watching this topic.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
825 Posts
Posted 02/13/2021   11:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it was named in Honor of Mariano Matamoros - I thought is was connected to Spain's patron saint, St. James as well...but I guess technically that is where the name Matamoros came from :)

Hi Nick - yes Mexico is really a nice challenge. Between the perfs, watermarks, overprints, districts and color on those numerals :) it keeps me on my toes. I learn a lot going through the process of sharing on here as the many experts give me advice, and point out some of my errors. Some of my favorites are the Maximillion stamps, The Hidalgo Medallions and the Imperial eagles. The Mexican Revolution stamps are great and I have some currency from that time period. Billete Bilimbique.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
825 Posts
Posted 03/17/2021   11:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Going through a complete remodel of my home - so have not had much time to Stamp. Plus - I have been keeping my albums hidden and stored (away from dirt and dust). Today I was able to add a few new Mexico stamps. Slowly but surely working on these pages. Nora.

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6122 Posts
Posted 03/18/2021   02:30 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Complete remodel? So what look are you going for, Nora? Minimalism, with the children and their possessions in cupboards? Victorian excess and clutter? Industrial chic?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
825 Posts
Posted 03/18/2021   10:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Minimalist wIth the Children and their possessions in cupboard....ha. No, just kidding. Mostly we are getting the house out of the late 90s and into the current. New Kitchen, new laundry, new floors. Thank goodness I live in Houston, TX - it is Spring and the temperatures are in the high 60s to low 70s so I am using my Gas Grill to keep the family fed . Miss my regular time on the forum. Nora.
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1265 Posts
Posted 03/18/2021   2:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Nora.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6122 Posts
Posted 03/19/2021   02:55 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
825 Posts
Posted 03/31/2021   11:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sneaking in a few new additions. Note to self. Never ever do a remodel again..just move.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2632 Posts
Posted 04/01/2021   01:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice runs of those issues, too.

Congrats for surviving the remodel!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
825 Posts
Posted 12/06/2021   11:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looking forward to posting updated Mexico collection. Been too long since I have been on the Forum. Life with Teens sure does take a lot of time ;). Nora Margarita.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
825 Posts
Posted 12/27/2021   9:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some new additions that have come in. Slowly adding to and categorizing my numerals of value. Also, very happy to have received my digital catalogue -Mexico's Revenue Stamps by Michael D. Roberts - 2018 edition. It is a hefty file and I am excited to start creating some pages for my array of Revenues. Looking forward to some down time through the new year to work on my Mexico Album.

Edited by Mrita75 - 12/27/2021 9:39 pm
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 117 / Views: 6,675Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05