Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

2 Cent Washingtons Identification

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 707Next Topic  

Germany
3 Posts
Posted 03/07/2020   7:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Oleg1996 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all, I have a couple 2 Cents Washingtons here.. I'm not quite sure how to identify them (I already used the identification tool from 1847usa. All I know is that they don't look like an offset print and I can't find any watermarks (which doesn't mean there are none). They are all perforated 11. Is there any chance one of them could be a 461, 499, oder 546? I hope anybody could help me out and knows more about the different colours of these stamps. Thanks a lot!

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1748 Posts
Posted 03/22/2020   10:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add disi123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your images are too small and poorly lit to identify. You need to post larger, well lit closeup crystal clear images with no background to be
viewed properly. Although colors may vary, colors are irrelevant and
not a determining factor of any of these stamps

They could be 461, 499, 500 or 546 only, none are offsets.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
27 Posts
Posted 07/05/2020   07:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mlandolfi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Still waiting on gauge any help would be amazing! The post mark on both envelops is 1900s

Valued Member
United States
27 Posts
Posted 07/05/2020   07:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mlandolfi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Apologize posted the wrong picture of one of the stamps :-)
Learn More...
8277 Posts
Posted 07/05/2020   07:55 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You can download free paper gauges here
http://stampsmarter.com/learning/Ho...esForms.html
and cut them so that you can line them up to stamps on cover. Or you can get a US stamp with know perf gauge and use them to check those on covers. or you can purchased a transparent gauge.

You can also learn a lot more about your stamps here
http://www.stampsmarter.com/1847usa/1847Home.html

Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6862 Posts
Posted 07/05/2020   08:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The first photo stamps are all 499 if unwatermarked, the toga rope and button are far too weak to be anything else. 461 is watermarked, and 546 is a type III rotary; these are clearly not type III.
Edited by revcollector - 07/05/2020 08:12 am
Valued Member
United States
27 Posts
Posted 07/05/2020   6:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mlandolfi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Don and Revcollector. I am very new to stamps so I am constantly second guessing myself. There are so many things to look for, color, size, mistakes. I have a few more if anyone wants to help identify.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6862 Posts
Posted 07/05/2020   7:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are really not that difficult to determine with the links that Don provided.
Valued Member
United States
27 Posts
Posted 07/05/2020   7:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mlandolfi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am sure to you they are simple to identify, like I stated previously I am new and second guess myself on the stamp this is my second week viewing a stamp collecting I inherited. I will refrain from posting any stamps more going forward.

Thank you for your time
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 707Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05