Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Managed Payments Experience?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 41 / Views: 6,312Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
Posted 05/21/2020   09:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Regretfully but I cannot say unexpectedly, both payment systems are focused on their bottom line$ rather than their customer service. Both have exceeded their capacity deal with customers. Regardless of which one if either wins something in the long run the loser will be the customers.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3790 Posts
Posted 07/01/2020   10:38 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The emails eBay is sending out to me on managed payment is becoming more forceful.
The last email I received said I am "required" to join managed payments. Apparently I need to sign up soon or trouble with my account is likely to happen by the end of July.

eBay will have to totally force me into managed payments. Looks like I have a lot of friends that think the same.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32503 Posts
Posted 06/24/2021   01:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Visited the bank today (100Km trip)

Why I cannot donate to SCF ? They don't know
Can you ring head office to enquire? No we have to ring and wait like you.

Moderators: Please remove "supporter" from my avatar, seems I cannot donate with current system.

Open a new account for "managed payments"
I have 2 other accounts for 50 years in the same bank
Yes I can have a 3rd account.... $50 per year (No Thanks)

I have not paid any banking fees for 10 years, I don't intend to start now.

They took away my drivers licence to scan
asked about my marital status
Offered to increase my interest rate from 0.05% to .1% for 3 months
Then tried to sell me house Insurance

I walked away feeling a tad violated.

PS My eBay account is now restricted, and I am getting "please do your feedbacks" but yet to receive the goods.

Stop the world, I want to get off.

If you think you can get better interest rates........
a warning call
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06...am/100120448

Edited by rod222 - 06/24/2021 02:03 am
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5668 Posts
Posted 06/24/2021   03:46 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Early days - the changeover here was on 1 June - but no problems so far, with the caveats that I'm not a business seller and the precise timing of a few quid into my bank account doesn't make all the difference. I certainly wouldn't open a new bank account just for eBay, and nor would I avoid selling there. For instance, I've had decent purchases this year from Hong Kong, Japan and Thailand - unlikely that I'd have reached these buyers on another venue, and the sale price would have been depressed as a result. I certainly shan't be letting eBay "opt me in" to the GSP on 1 July, however.
Valued Member
United States
241 Posts
Posted 06/24/2021   09:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not really a fan of it. I've been on it since mid January. After getting past the hurdle of signing up for it, including a new dedicated bank account out of distrust for eBay I have had no problems with it so-far. Payment seem to be fairly regular, but occasionally they seem to pause for a day or two and for no explainable reason.

I do have misgivings about their standard envelope postage deal. It would be great if it would print on a #10 envelope but short of dissecting their label via a many step software process, and creating a file to print, it's a pain..
Learn More...
9475 Posts
Posted 06/24/2021   09:54 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... It would be great if it would print on a #10 envelope but short of dissecting their label via a many step software process, and creating a file to print, it's a pain..

I have not had an issue, my printer (older Xerox) supports 'scale' which I can set to whatever I need it to be to get the print output to fit any envelope. Although it is one extra step I do not find it to be arduous.
Don
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32503 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   05:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Visited the new bank today (100Km trip)
NAB
National Australia Bank

Delightful lass signed me up for a new Bank Account,
No interest
No fees
No Card
Withdrawal limit.

Altogether a very helpful, instructive experience
I left with everything completed
Customer Service 10/10

Onwards to Managed Payments..........
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1525 Posts
Posted 07/05/2021   09:31 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have in general been pleased with Managed Payments but this notice really annoys me;

So every Monday holiday I have to wait an extra week to get paid? How does eBay handle accounts that are set to daily payouts when there is a Holiday?
Valued Member
United States
178 Posts
Posted 07/05/2021   10:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phillystamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I will receive the payout for July 2nd tomorrow, items from over the holiday weekend it says two different things. That header note says the 7th for availability but if I click on an individual transaction of July 4th I see the 6th? In any case I sometimes get the funds the day of the payout and sometimes the next day. This is for the daily payout setting.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1525 Posts
Posted 07/05/2021   1:02 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info, that sounds pretty good so I think I'll try it. I liked the weekly payout because I have weekly auctions and it was easy to quickly see my payouts vs. sales, but I don't like waiting up to 13 days to get my $.

Thanks

Ken
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32503 Posts
Posted 07/05/2021   10:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My bay venue has finally ended.
I am wondering how many vendors eBay will lose.
That would be very interesting.
Would this effect "the Cartel" ?
I would assume vendors with managed payments, their sales may increase.

"Oh no! We've noticed you have not updated your details for the new Payments experience. This means, you can no longer revise or relist your existing listings, or create new listings. We want to help you get back to selling as usual!

Please update your account details today to continue selling."

Edited by rod222 - 07/05/2021 10:48 pm
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 41 / Views: 6,312Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05