Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Site Slow For Me Again

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,991Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6631 Posts
Posted 03/14/2020   09:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rogdcam to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Not sure if it is an issue on my end. For the last week or so the site will time out occasionally and is slow loading. Has gotten worse for me in the last few days.
Send note to Staff

Learn More...
9659 Posts
Posted 03/14/2020   09:41 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The site was undergoing maintenance.
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6631 Posts
Posted 03/14/2020   09:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Don. I thought that the virus may have gotten it.
Forum Dad
USA
1708 Posts
Posted 03/14/2020   10:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I archived a bunch of really old topics, but I'm done. It took several days.

Things should be fairly zippy now.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
622 Posts
Posted 03/14/2020   10:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bobby. Your work is appreciated.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6631 Posts
Posted 05/08/2020   10:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Slow again.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
495 Posts
Posted 05/12/2020   7:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
and getting worse. Have had long delays connecting for the past three days: Time to "lick this stamp" were 34, 57, 42, 49 seconds. Also got two odd numbers after waiting in excess of 45 seconds: 0.81 and 0.39 seconds.

Just now received this message:
"Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/Default.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools."

Once in, load time for various threads is fast. However, when clicking on "Mark all topics as read", it is back to very slow again (up to 30 seconds to respond).
Edited by uboatnut - 05/12/2020 7:43 pm
Forum Dad
USA
1708 Posts
Posted 05/12/2020   7:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm working on trying to get us moved to MSSQL, we have basically outgrown MySQL. This is a big job though.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6631 Posts
Posted 05/12/2020   7:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bobby.
Forum Dad
USA
1708 Posts
Posted 05/13/2020   10:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I noticed some bots from China today scraping content. There were literally many hundreds of them. I put some measures in place to block them, we'll see if that helps.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32827 Posts
Posted 05/14/2020   06:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Today data scraping in China is a good-paying job with a monthly salary between RMB10K~60K, depending on your skills. You can always find underground shops to scrape raw data for you. But for those big data startups selling analysis, they probably need to tread the path more cautiously from now on.

https://blog.rehub.tech/the-double-...ng-in-china/
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6745 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   12:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Things have been excruciatingly slow for me since late last week. When the page finally loads, it is sometimes incomplete.

Sometimes when I post, I get blocked. Hasn't happened since the weekend. Still not sure why, as the message says content is not allowed but I am not posting any links or pictures.
Forum Dad
USA
1708 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   4:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been no where near that bad, for me it's only occasionally. The only issue now is large topics with hundreds of pages, they tend to slow down the site.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6745 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   4:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It comes and goes, but even text replies to new threads will sometimes take 10-20s to post. And then just as suddenly, no problems. This is not a complaint. Just wondering if anyone else was experiencing a similar problem, or is it just my ISP causing me grief? Today has definitely been much better than the weekend.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3105 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   4:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is very sporadic for me but seems when there is a delay it is significant.
Al
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32827 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   5:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've come to expect 2-3 minutes to make a post.

Quote:
The only issue now is large topics with hundreds of pages, they tend to slow down the site.

That is unfortunate, I always thought large topics were good, a sort of "go to"
for collectors of a certain discipline.
So new threads each time, are better for the forum.

Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,991Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05