Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Site Slow For Me Again

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 1,079Next Topic
Page: of 2
Forum Dad
USA
1542 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   6:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
At least until we get the DB upgraded.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
369 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   9:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is it possible to set a software limit on the number of pages accepted per topic?

A fast check of the forum revealed these topics with large numbers of pages. Perhaps they should be ended and a new topic begun.

Main Stamp Collecting Forum:

Let's See Your Most Recently Purchased Stamps - 227 pages
What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently? - 106 pages
What Was In Your Mailbox Today?? - 47 pages

Australian Stamps and Covers:

The Stamps Of Australia : On Steiner Pages. - 102 pages
Forum Dad
USA
1542 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   10:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wouldn't really matter, it's mostly the paging calculations that cause the slowdown. It not just posting in them, it's reading them too.

I'm hoping within the next 6 months we'll be upgraded to MSSQL and it will be fixed.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29695 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   11:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a feeling that was the case,
Being patient, and looking forward to that.
Forum Dad
USA
1542 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   11:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There's a lot involved in switching. Some code is slightly different between MySQL and MSSQL. So you can't just move the DB and flip a switch, things will break.

I'm looking into virtual folders. Hoping we can copy the structure of the coin forum DB to a new one then move ours to it and then run both forums off the coin forum files.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2051 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   12:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby - your efforts are always appreciated.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29695 Posts
Posted 06/05/2020   4:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not aware if anything has changed,
but I find the site today, is blindingly fast.........Super.

Forum Dad
USA
1542 Posts
Posted 06/05/2020   5:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Last night I locked some large topics that haven't had replies in over a year, but I didn't think it would make a difference really.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
369 Posts
Posted 06/09/2020   1:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very slow this morning - especially initial openings and again for Mark All Topic As Read. This is my 3rd opening = "It took 105.58 seconds to lick this stamp." to get Home page up.

Finally got to Home page for forum. Tried New Posts and got "Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/active.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools."

This is the same error I got yesterday trying to Mark All Posts As Read.

Is someone working on server maintenance right now?

Addendum - there is nothing about this on the SCF Facebook page and I did not have any problems getting on to edit this post (at noon PST).
Edited by uboatnut - 06/09/2020 3:00 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4008 Posts
Posted 06/09/2020   1:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just noticied that my "show topics" date was set at "from last year" and then suddenly, to me, changed to 6 months. I liked that and now am down to 7 days. Does that help in anyway?
Edited by redwoodrandy - 06/09/2020 1:51 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29695 Posts
Posted 06/21/2020   7:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The site is blindingly fast today
If work has been done... well done!

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 1,079Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05