Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ill-Timed Direct Mail

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 1,124Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4046 Posts
Posted 03/15/2020   4:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ikeyPikey to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
'
Please post a recent piece of Ill-Timed Direct Mail ...

... with a less-is-more dead minimum of commentary.

Last week, Hunter College "moved classes online", as we say nowadays.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
12 Posts
Posted 03/16/2020   12:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add electroprecancels to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Arrived here last Thursday. Cruise to Alaska from Seattle.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
112 Posts
Posted 03/18/2020   5:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Aviatik to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I put this in this thread because the letter says that, if I don't respond by internet or mail, a census taker will come to my house. I doubt that is gonna happen now.

"Required by Law" but it was addressed to resident. I'm sorry officer but no one named resident lives here.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1993 Posts
Posted 03/18/2020   6:47 pm  Show Profile Check TheArtfulHinger's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheArtfulHinger to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Cruise to Alaska from Seattle.

Oy. A cruise leaving from Seattle would be very near the bottom of my ideal tours right now, just above "a cruise down the scenic Calcutta sewers".
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4046 Posts
Posted 03/18/2020   11:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been getting brochure-bombed by the cruise operators, and here's why:

In the Cruise World, This Isn't Winter. It's Wave Season.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/10/...-travel.html

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
335 Posts
Posted 03/20/2020   4:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Got this today, local hospital system promoting in-person seminars at multiple sites for knee and hip pain.

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
335 Posts
Posted 04/04/2020   11:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In Friday's mail, a Macy's circular promoting a "scent event" at their stores next week. Took two scans of relevant ill-timed portions of the front cover promoting the new fragrance bar.

Come on in and sniff the fragrances! Breathe deeply.
Bonus Covid 19 samples for those without masks!

In southeast Pennsylvania, the Macy's are closed anyway as non-essential. Delaware, to our immediate south where many of us living near the border are accustomed to drive for sales-tax free shopping, is actually stopping cars with out-of-state plates on secondary roads to inquire their purpose and send them back to Pennsylvania with a warning. Ticketing those at liquor stores.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4498 Posts
Posted 04/04/2020   12:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I saw this morning that a 19 year old woman in PA was ticketed $200 for driving without a purpose. Expect a lawsuit. It is a slippery slope.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2794 Posts
Posted 04/04/2020   1:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One of the television news stations reported a few days back that many of the New York City area mortuaries were "operating with a skeleton staff"!
Valued Member
United States
226 Posts
Posted 04/04/2020   2:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One of our local television news stations reported a few days back that "Corona Beer does NOT cause the corona virus."
Learn More...
8187 Posts
Posted 04/04/2020   3:29 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was out in the yard and found a deer tick on me, I assume that I now have Corona with Lyme.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6744 Posts
Posted 04/04/2020   3:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"I saw this morning that a 19 year old woman in PA was ticketed $200 for driving without a purpose. Expect a lawsuit".

I seriously doubt it would be successful. States absolutely have the right to prevent people from traveling except in specific situations during a stated health emergency. Just as one can be arrested for shouting "fire" in a theater if there is no fire; that is not covered by the first amendment.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4498 Posts
Posted 04/04/2020   3:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bit of a stretch equating shouting fire in a crowded theatre and causing a stampede to driving your car all by your lonesome. But hey, we all have opinions.

So just what is the public harm or nuisance that said driving could cause?

Of course, she could have lied and said that she was going to CVS or the grocery store and than there would have been no harm in driving.

Don't ever be willing to give up your liberties too easily. You may not like the end results.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6744 Posts
Posted 04/04/2020   4:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's not a question of giving up liberties, it's a question of understanding the reasons for specific government actions. What she "could" have said is unknown, because we don't know where she was stopped. There might not have been anything to go to for miles. The harm is that a cop had to stop her and potentially get sick. The whole point is to keep unnecessary vehicles and people off the road and out of danger. If one person does it, what is to stop 1000 people from doing it? 10000? Historically, states are given wide leeway in such matters, and the threat is an obvious one. A lawsuit would fail.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
376 Posts
Posted 04/04/2020   4:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6744 Posts
Posted 04/04/2020   4:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Except that this is just a right wing meme that at best stretches the truth significantly. And has zero to do with the discussion at hand.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 1,124Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.8 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05