Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

USA Trans-mississippi Scott 292 Cattle In The Storm Vf Lh Og

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 67 / Views: 3,439Next Topic
Page: of 5
Valued Member

47 Posts
Posted 03/17/2020   11:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Jenny100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
39 Posts
Posted 03/17/2020   11:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dgwhite87 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
gorgeous. absolutely gorgeous.

one of my side collecting focuses is topical: cows & beef.

This stamp is basically the #1 rare for that collection.

thanks for sharing
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4376 Posts
Posted 03/18/2020   12:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jenny - It appears to be reperfed on the top.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
393 Posts
Posted 03/18/2020   02:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Anthraquinone to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Jenny - It appears to be reperfed on the top.

what make you say that - I want to learn.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6607 Posts
Posted 03/18/2020   06:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Personally, I would be more concerned with the right side then the top. They are far too much alike and too round and clean.
Valued Member
United States
102 Posts
Posted 03/18/2020   09:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sheetguy2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rodgcam.....I would agree with revcollector
edit for bold
Edited by sheetguy2 - 03/18/2020 09:06 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4376 Posts
Posted 03/18/2020   09:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have to stick by my guns on this one. The perf holes on this issue were actually pretty uniform and well rounded in general.
Valued Member
United States
452 Posts
Posted 03/18/2020   09:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3193zd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
left and right perfs seem to compare well as well as top and bottom. left and right sharp and well rounded, top and bottom not sharp and more irregular.
Michael Darabaris
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3964 Posts
Posted 03/18/2020   12:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
May we see the reverse.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6607 Posts
Posted 03/18/2020   7:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you look here one will find several examples with perfs similar to the top, but not to the right.

http://pfsearch.org/pfsearch/pf_grd...lledfrom=lkp
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4376 Posts
Posted 03/18/2020   8:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you look here one will find several examples with perfs similar to the right, but not to the top.

https://siegelauctions.com/lot_grd....nwwin=q7f033
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1376 Posts
Posted 03/18/2020   9:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
revcollector .....I would agree with rodgcam
edit for bold
Edited by cjpalermo1964 - 03/18/2020 9:24 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6607 Posts
Posted 03/18/2020   9:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
None of those Siegel stamp perfs are as round and even as these are. A view from the back would help.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1362 Posts
Posted 03/18/2020   10:08 pm  Show Profile Check cfrphoto's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add cfrphoto to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I will take a stab at this one. My initial impression was that the left side was reperforated. While the perforations on the right side appear a bit cleaner, some of the left side perforations may have been touched inside perforation holes with a file. I do not have the time to verify this, but the perforation row on the right side may be slightly out of parallel with the left row leaving the stamp slightly wider at the bottom, perhaps by about 0.1 mm. Direct examination of the stamp could establish existence (or not) of pressure ridges and pulled up fibers along the perforation row. While scarce, Trans Mississippi straight edges occur on the left or right side, not the top or bottom like the Columbian issue. Something seems off about this stamp but is hard to pin down from the image. Although the left side initially grabbed my attention, the right side could be the problem.
Edited by cfrphoto - 03/18/2020 10:09 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4376 Posts
Posted 03/18/2020   10:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I ran lines on the perforations and the only ones that were out of whack and ran downward toward the left end were the top ones. Perhaps somebody can draw some lines on the scan and post? I am unable too right now.
Valued Member
47 Posts
Posted 03/18/2020   11:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jenny100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone - I did not realize that by posting a stamp on this forum it would attract comments as to why everyone thinks its reperforated. Well guess what - its not reperforated cause I have been looking at stamps since 1995 and it does not reperfed to me and less importantly two expertising committee's have attested to its authenticity so its got two clean certs from the PF and the PSE so ITS NOT REPERFED cause the two certs say its not, plus the stamp was sold by a major east coast auction house who might have noticed if it was reperfed. Thx Paul
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 67 / Views: 3,439Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05