Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scott #230 Cracked Plate Or Frame?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 408Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
764 Posts
Posted 03/28/2020   11:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Laurie 02 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
I was looking over my collection as we all have lots of time..... And noticed this on one of my 1 Cent Columbian issue Scott 230
No mention in specialized except for cracked plate ...is this it?
Cheers

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6771 Posts
Posted 03/29/2020   09:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Laurie, nice stamp but in my opinion looks like an inkblot

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5890 Posts
Posted 03/29/2020   09:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd be more interested in the spur in the bottom of the numeral in the right value tablet.
Valued Member
United States
452 Posts
Posted 03/29/2020   11:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3193zd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
so the mark that you are asking about seems to run in an X design. from top of left "T" bar to right "T" Bar. hard to say that it is a an ink blot considering that shape. I also would like to see the right numeral.
Michael Darabaris
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6771 Posts
Posted 03/29/2020   11:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I did not say it is. I said it looks like.

Peter
Valued Member
United States
452 Posts
Posted 03/29/2020   12:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3193zd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No Worries Peter. Just trying to help.
Michael Darabaris
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3450 Posts
Posted 03/29/2020   1:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks a lot like ink pulls to me. I think I see them in various places.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
764 Posts
Posted 03/30/2020   12:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all for your knowledge the crack seems to extend down through the T in cent
Also it seems a bit "sharp" for an ink pull or run....I'll scan that numeral too and have a good look
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
764 Posts
Posted 03/30/2020   01:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So I tried a better scan

Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 408Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05