Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Paul N. Barker Canada Ten Cent Small Queen Collection 1996

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 478Next Topic  
Valued Member

47 Posts
Posted 03/29/2020   12:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Jenny100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I exhibited parts of this collection at Capex 1996 in the Gems of Canadian Philately Court of Honour. It was later sold in 1999 but I have been able to buy a few pieces back as they come up for sale.
In the mid nineties there was a shade colour schema that had Rose Lilac Montreal printings called Magenta and vice versa so some stamps here are incorrectly labelled as far as shade is concerned by today's accepted ten cent small queen shades.

Some of the stamps here came from the Maresch Bill Simpson sales of the mid nineties. Enjoy.

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
47 Posts
Posted 03/29/2020   12:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jenny100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pale Milky Rose Pink Scott 40e from my collection above

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6500 Posts
Posted 03/29/2020   4:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very impressive collection and presentation Jenny100, congratulations.
Regarding your 1883 Simcoe cover, I just happen to be reading last night, in a back issue of the PHSC Journal (December 2005) about Henry Mulkins, the postmaster of Simcoe from July 4, 1856 to March 4, 1908. He was responsible for an impressive collection of fancy cork cancels, many of which are documented by Lacelle, Day and Smythies (whom you cite), Jarrett and Boggs.
Your cover obviously sports one of his creations. Nice.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5890 Posts
Posted 03/29/2020   10:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
While I'm sure it's an impressive display to me it's when shades have gone too far. Magenta and pale magenta? How do we know it's not faded magenta? Trying to decipher all those shades would put me in the loony bin. Kudos to him.
Valued Member
Canada
130 Posts
Posted 04/03/2020   3:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lars714 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is an amazing, and very informative collection!
Valued Member
Canada
11 Posts
Posted 04/19/2020   3:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 0siris to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool and thoughtful study.

Do you have similar or do you know of similar studies for other denominations?
Valued Member
47 Posts
Posted 04/29/2020   12:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jenny100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One of the best small queen collections was the Bill Simpson collection which was sold at Maresch and Son in 1996. Guillaume Vadaboncouer also has created a great collection of small queens.

I have another collection showing the shades of the Scott 16 and 17 first cents issue prince consort issue 10 cent. See that collection too. Thx for appreciating my stamps.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 478Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05