Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help With Scott #634 Printing Varieties And Cracks

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 310Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
452 Posts
Posted 03/29/2020   2:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add 3193zd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have 2 stamps with I think are a die cracks or repairs?.
First one has a gash on cheek and a larger dot in middle of hair.

Next one has crack running down middle of head? Or a die repair?

Send note to Staff
Michael Darabaris

Valued Member
United States
452 Posts
Posted 04/01/2020   4:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3193zd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
SO Any idea what is going on with the scratches down the middle of the head?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Michael Darabaris
Pillar Of The Community
United States
601 Posts
Posted 04/02/2020   09:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caper123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry it took so long to get a reply in here. I've seen quite a few 634 inking abnormalities through the years. I posted one myself a number of years back. I'll repost the picture here of a somewhat similar ink issue. I do not believe they are cracks though, just inking issues. If we find enough of the same error in the same position though it can be classified as a 'variety'...keep up the hunt!

Valued Member
United States
452 Posts
Posted 04/02/2020   09:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3193zd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Casper! thanks for the reply. I do think the first one is an inking issue but not the second one it looks like many small scratches from near top of head to below the ear.
Michael Darabaris
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 310Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05