Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sources/Books.sites In English On Imposta Sull'entrata

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 468Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
7 Posts
Posted 03/31/2020   1:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add BrooklynBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I may be posting a duplicate query.

If so, sorry. I was not just able to confirm my first effort took.

I am looking for a source/book/website to research these Imposta Sull'Entrata.

I do not read Italian, so the source/book/website has to be in English.

I am especially interested in using those Serial Numbers to nail down when the stamps were used.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6902 Posts
Posted 03/31/2020   2:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are a couple of hits on this forum ( please use search function ) and they all say it is an Italian revenue stamp

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
7 Posts
Posted 03/31/2020   2:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrooklynBoy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I know these are Italian Revenue Stamps.

I am looking for a book or web site or other source IN ENGLISH about Italian Revenue Stamps that I can use to go deeper, as in when these stamps were issued, and what do those Serial Numbers say about when they were used.

You have told me the sky is blue when it is not cloudy, and partially blue when it is.
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2712 Posts
Posted 03/31/2020   3:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Info I have is from an italian web site.This is what I can tell you.
Regno:IMPOSTA SULL'ENTRATA INDUSTRIA E COMMERCIO
The first 4 stamps of 20L & 50L have a watermark crown.It is either normal or on the right.So check this.Inverted types exist also.
The 20L dates from August 1940 with last usage october 1947.
The 50 L dates from August 1940 with last use April 1946.

The 50L should have a normal crown type watermark.It's serial Numbers start from A-000001 to T-564850 (19.6 million printed).

As far as the letter sequence for the 20L & 50L I would say they must be from the very early printings.

Edited by perf12 - 03/31/2020 4:13 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1392 Posts
Posted 03/31/2020   5:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I did brief searching for you in the online catalogs of the libraries of the Royal Philatelic and the APS, but except for two short articles, all relevant books and catalogs are in Italian. You could consider contacting one of the Italian auction firms that deals in these stamps, such as Vaccari, or contact Phil Banser or one of the other large philatelic literature dealers. Or, if you are an APS member, wait until APS has resumed normal research library operations, and submit a research request there.
Valued Member
United States
7 Posts
Posted 03/31/2020   5:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrooklynBoy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Would Barefoot be of any use to me?

The name pops up.
Valued Member
United States
7 Posts
Posted 03/31/2020   5:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrooklynBoy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Also, I am thinking that my revenue stamps show Mercury and Victorio Emmanuel III.

Am I guessing right?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 03/31/2020   5:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Am I guessing right?

Correct

Cannot assist with English links

What I can say is
brands for the input tax
industry and commerce type 1940
with mercury and with the effigy of the king but without the lateral bundles of lire

They come as se-tenant pairs, (Mercury and King)
5c Cat#49, 20c #50, 30c #63 1Lira #58 2 Lira #59
20 lira #55 50L #56

Bib: Marche da bollo d'italia
1863-1957
Vaccari
Pages 511 and on.

Edited by rod222 - 03/31/2020 5:51 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6941 Posts
Posted 03/31/2020   6:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Being in Brooklyn means that you are an easy trip away from the Collectors Club library when it opens up again. I don't know exactly what they might have on the subject, but it is worth finding out.
Valued Member
United States
7 Posts
Posted 03/31/2020   8:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrooklynBoy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is my plan. I went to a Trade Law website to get a fuller definition of what an Import Duty is. Trade Law & Customs Law is definitely complicated.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6941 Posts
Posted 03/31/2020   8:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you have not been there before, plan to spend some time to view the some other floors of the building aside from the library.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 468Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05