Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Large Queen And Small Queen Cancels

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 309Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
7119 Posts
Posted 03/31/2020   5:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This might be a good place to post LQ and SQ cancels...I hope some experts chime in and give information and links to categorize cancels.

Here are a few of hundreds of SQ cancels I have in books.

Robert

I have so many of them, I came across 2 that might have been on a cover/envelope/parcel together..Looks like it eh..???

And some more....

Send note to Staff
Edited by wert - 03/31/2020 7:21 pm

Valued Member
Canada
143 Posts
Posted 04/01/2020   09:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lars714 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Robert - that is a great grouping of fancies! I have to agree that the two stamps are mates. Chris
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6509 Posts
Posted 04/01/2020   10:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Robert! Do you have LaCelle's book on fancy cancels? You should.
Your Prescott cancel is #728 on page 72. States "Town name type, imitates 'big city' types, see numbers 258 and 608. D&S and Jarrett date of '80 unconfirmed. Ink builds up at top and bottom,posibly briefly used with a reversed 'R'. Jarrett 364." Used from Nov 1882 to Aug 1888.
I'm sure you'd find some others in there as well.

And I agree, those two were separated at birth!
Edited by jamesw - 04/01/2020 10:06 am
Pillar Of The Community
7119 Posts
Posted 04/01/2020   10:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Chris...jamesw...a mate for sure...rare to find 2 mates.
Robert
More cancels...

Edited by wert - 04/01/2020 10:08 am
Valued Member
Canada
143 Posts
Posted 04/01/2020   10:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lars714 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert - are you accumulating and displaying the fancies in an ad-hoc manner or will you categorize them? In the latest images, it seems that the clerk who cancelled the lower right stamp was having a very bad day! Chris
Pillar Of The Community
7119 Posts
Posted 04/01/2020   11:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it seems that the clerk who cancelled the lower right stamp was having a very bad day!

haha..got that right Chris...Even have LQ with the same scribble cancels..

Last post

Robert

Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 309Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05