Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Victoria (Australia) Tax And/Or Revenue Issues

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 322Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
136 Posts
Posted 04/04/2020   03:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add jol34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
First, I hope everyone here is healthy and happy, We have a great hobby! These stamps are revenue stamps from Victoria, Australia. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, in advance.
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29320 Posts
Posted 04/04/2020   04:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
136 Posts
Posted 04/05/2020   04:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jol34 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rod222, thanks for the link. You are a world collector. I would like to ask you some questions without taking up air space! The posts of your collection are great! As one world collector to another, I would like to talk with you.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29320 Posts
Posted 04/05/2020   04:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jol,
thank you for your nice words,
I hope we have nothing to hide, post your questions here,
We all benefit from a shared experience, there are no such things as silly questions...Be brave
Ask away, I'll do the best I can.

Valued Member
United States
136 Posts
Posted 04/08/2020   03:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jol34 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have two questions for you sir, now. Do you collect all watermark differences? And which countries? And number two....Have you ever been to America? And where? I guess that is four questions. Sorry. Best to you,
Bill
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29320 Posts
Posted 04/08/2020   03:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bill,

Quote:
Do you collect all watermark differences?

Yes I do, and all varieties known to me at any given time.

Quote:
And which countries?

Every country in the world, and then some, whatever passes my desk,
I scan and catalogue, simple really. (Includes Bogus Stamps)

Quote:
.Have you ever been to America? And where?

Never visited your lovely country. Lots of friends there though.

R.I.P. John Prine...

Edited by rod222 - 04/08/2020 03:58 am
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
617 Posts
Posted 04/08/2020   04:31 am  Show Profile Check 64idgaf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 64idgaf to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, Bill Withers and John Prine in one week. RIP both.
Valued Member
United States
136 Posts
Posted 04/08/2020   7:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jol34 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't hear about John Prine. Probably because I am ignoring the news these days.
Great song writer. Another loss for us all.
Valued Member
United States
136 Posts
Posted 04/09/2020   04:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jol34 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, I collect some watermark differences, but not all. Watermarks of Stamps of Brazil and mexico are too confusing for me! And the watermark fluid is to expensive for me to use on them. How do you read the watermarks?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29320 Posts
Posted 04/09/2020   04:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Watermarks of Stamps of Brazil and mexico are too confusing for me! And the watermark fluid is to expensive for me to use on them. How do you read the watermarks?

I empathise,
Brazil Watermarks, can send one dizzy. Every journey starts with 1 step.
My route: Start with one Scott Type, say A75 "Aviation"
Set every one of your A75, on a table, do just 10 -15 a day, say.
Catalogue your result and separate into Scott numbers.

A good idea is to have alongside, a sheet of printed Watermarks you may encounter in the stamps you are working on, to keep referencing, esp with the sizes of Brazil's. The more you assess, the easier it will become.

Continue every day ad nauseum, till all done, you are now an expert on that stamp, write down your results for a graph.
If you get a difficult one, do your best, no one is perfect, guesstimate what wmk it is (I pencil in a small x on the back if difficult to read)

Watermarking: I have a small black plastic dish, a quick squirt of "Zippo" lighter fluid, using long nose pointy tweezers, place the stamp in the liquid
read the Wmk, and place on a clean sheet, with Wmk pencilled on the sheet' to keep all diff wmks separate, in piles, to dry.

Lighter fluid? I have an image of a stamp "expert" assessing a $300,000? 3 Million Dollar stamp, using it. (It is not advised on some stamps, I cannot recall which right now)

You'll end up a Wmk wizard after a few hundred.

Have no experience with Mexico as yet.

Edited by rod222 - 04/09/2020 04:56 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 322Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.18 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05