Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Australia Post Has Crashed Buyers Not Happy

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 327Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3704 Posts
Posted 04/08/2020   7:25 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add KGV Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is an email I have just sent. It is one of the many late items complaints am getting at present.

Email about Auspost to buyer.

"Yes you have waited a long time for your stamps.

Auspost tracking # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Looks like the mailing system has more than slowed down.

Am getting an unusual amount of requests about where is my item "it is late" emails at present.

Have just spent a long time with Auspost. Their system has crashed. Can not get a phone answer/contact the system is in such a mess. Even asking the fact the parcel is at Tweed Heads of all places when it should be VIC not QLD and the system still refuses to recognised our issue. Can only get to speak to a computer. Auspost will only answer if it is emergency medical mail. etc emergency.

Your parcel was sent on Monday the 2nd March.

From Auspost tracking info.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

It's on its way
Most recent update
In transit

TWEED HEADS SOUTH NSW

Date & time Mon 6 Apr 1:36pm"

Have never been in this situation before.
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29348 Posts
Posted 04/08/2020   9:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
John,
the entire world, is in a situation not seen before.
I think we should offer Australia Post some wriggle room.
Esp those brave people whom, I assume, are still handling our goods.

I draw your attention to the 12 or so "baggage handlers" in Adelaide,
whom have succumbed to the virus.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3704 Posts
Posted 04/08/2020   10:58 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree Rod.

My wife & I are moving all our house contents into a storage shed. We have been at it for some time now. My wife collects books.

At one of the other storage sheds is our Auspost postal team's work base. So no I do not want to knock Auspost as I have never seem...The head postal worker is working extraordinary long hours every day with no extra income. We all know this postal working team as being totally spot on.

So with this in mind I report that these are strange times.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29348 Posts
Posted 04/08/2020   11:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was struck by it yesterday when I picked up some DVD's.

There was the postmistress, handling our business, taking parcels,
relying on us to have obeyed procedures, she with no mask,
just on the frontline, doing her job.
She has 2 young children.
Valued Member
Canada
482 Posts
Posted 04/09/2020   09:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Doesn't sound like Auspost is protecting their workers very well.

Picked up a parcel at the post office in town yesterday here in Canada and they had a plastic shield up to stop droplet transmission, request to distance between customers appropriately, he was wearing gloves, and lots of disinfecting of parcels/mail was happening. The postal employee was pleased with how Canada Post was handling things, and he's not usually one to praise his employer.

His only complaint was that due to cannabis retail stores being closed, lots of people were picking up pot that was ordered online and he needed more air freshener to cope with the distinctive odour...
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 327Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05