Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

American Philatelic Society Town Hall

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 721Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
169 Posts
Posted 04/10/2020   3:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ScottEnglish to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
We broadcast a Town Hall meeting on Zoom and YouTube to update members on the status of the APS, our services, and what we're doing remotely to keep serving the members. If you joined us, thank you. For those who missed the meeting, it is posted on YouTube for later viewing.

We appreciate the support and feedback we've received from APS members and collectors.

Scott

ahhhyhEoNlc
Send note to Staff
Edited by ScottEnglish - 04/10/2020 3:51 pm

Learn More...
9500 Posts
Posted 04/10/2020   4:51 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Scott,
Thank you for this and other efforts you have been making, and please pass along thanks to those who have assisted in the APS digital evolution.
Change is never easy and typically requires much 'selling' and 'buy in' behind the scenes; this kind of time/motivation investment often goes unnoticed and under-appreciated.
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
Posted 04/10/2020   9:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ScottEnglish to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your kind words. Necessity is the mother of invention. Our digital efforts paid off when the opportunity to fill some space in the daily lives of collectors. We're seeing some other opportunities - we had a good chat tonight on the future of philately.

I think part of what's been missing is the practical advice and best practices for clubs, affiliates and members. We're going to start drawing on those resources to put information out there.

Very proud of our team for turning a ship on a dime. We have some misses, but we're seeing some very positive beginnings. I hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy.

Scott
Valued Member
United States
302 Posts
Posted 04/11/2020   01:15 am  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pascoe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very excited to watch this Scott. I'm excited to participate in some of the stamp chats. Very excited at the prospect of contributing a presentation myself. Keep up the great work, the effort has definitely been noticed.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3046 Posts
Posted 04/11/2020   06:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am glad the Summer Seminar will have the ability to reach a lot more members!
Al
Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
Posted 04/11/2020   5:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Scott and your whole team. I sincerely wished all of your summer seminar presentations would have been recorded, achieved, and now available for viewing. Going forward, building a library of current and future seminar presentations would be a positive somewhat unintended consequence of our current situation.

Everyone please stay safe and practice positive philately. Russ
Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
Posted 04/14/2020   11:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ScottEnglish to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the feedback and enthusiasm. Recording Summer Seminar and other education events is akin to Thomas Edison's repeated attempts to make a lightbulb. We've learned many things not to do. Our instructors are cautiously optimistic they can learn to teach online before June. I believe that once we have a group that's accomplished the mission, they'll be our best recruiters for others.

The support from the community has been overwhelming.

Scott
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 721Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05