Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

German Varieties -Flyspecker Group

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 206 / Views: 7,558Next Topic
Page: of 14
Valued Member
237 Posts
Posted 08/12/2021   3:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Went through the pages;didn't see this one.

Haven't been to Germany in a while. Think I'll stay and clean things up.
Have a few more I'll share when I find them (again).
pat

Germany, Soviet Zone, Mi.199V

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United Kingdom
82 Posts
Posted 08/12/2021   3:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WillUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
WillUk's "heart on Z" item (Mi 86 PFII) is the most desirable plate flaw to be found on this Soviet Zone stamp. Michel values it at 120 euros in mint, never hinged condition. It is a little nicer found in a strip.

Thanks for the kind recognition on the strip. Too often the knee jerk reaction is for people to disparage, or the ever discouraging, "I hope you didn't pay much" which I usually translate to mean I think it is junk. Anyway, this strip was priced at Euro 150 and as part of a larger purchase I allocated around £7 for this item so I felt it was a reasonable purchase.

As I am not a collector of plate errors my view was that if I was collecting a stamp and I can get a plate error or variety for a little bit more then it is worth doing. If you are interested I will post a few more by Michel number
Valued Member
United Kingdom
82 Posts
Posted 08/12/2021   4:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WillUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi I have a few of the L Messe which I will dig out also. Here is another well documented variety described as:
ABARTEN AND PLATE ERRORS / ALLIED OCCUPATION / COMMUNITY EXPENDITURE - MiNr. 950 with plate defect III (white spot in the lower edge of the hat) - superb - catalog value according to Michel Spezial: at least 80.00 M €
PS I have learned that the sizing function labels stamps with the same name and seems to mix them up when you select. The answer is to rename the "image optimized" files uniquely. An extra step but this resolves the uploading glitch.

Learn More...
9752 Posts
Posted 08/12/2021   4:17 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...PS I have learned that the sizing function labels stamps with the same name and seems to mix them up when you select. The answer is to rename the "image optimized" files uniquely. An extra step but this resolves the uploading glitch.

Please note this is not a glitch, this is how it works and is noted in several places on the forum.

Don
Valued Member
256 Posts
Posted 08/12/2021   4:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

The Nr.950 III is on position 26 on three type of sheet and only in color a.

Hornet
Edited by hornet785 - 08/12/2021 4:25 pm
Valued Member
237 Posts
Posted 08/12/2021   4:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have no idea where I got "hole in rock" from on the original label.

Went back to the Michel description:

Translate "grober weiber fleck in links vor personengrouppe liegenden tuch"

And got this: coarse white stain in the cloth lying on the left in front of a group of people.

Goes without saying, I don't speak German.
pat
Valued Member
256 Posts
Posted 08/12/2021   4:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi patg23,

It is the good stamp described Nr.199 V under Soviet Zone.

Hornet
Valued Member
United Kingdom
82 Posts
Posted 08/12/2021   5:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WillUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all. Another one that you may like. I am sticking for now to the well documented Michel Spezial. Description: ABARTEN AND PLATE ERRORS / SOVIET OCCUPATION ZONE / / GENERAL ISSUE - MiNr. 233 Type II with plate defect II (pigeon head connected with inner ring / hood) - stamped - very fine - catalog value according to Michel Spezial: at least 220.00 M €

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6288 Posts
Posted 08/12/2021   5:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Greatpostings WillUK and Patg23! It's fun seeing PF's that I do not have.

Here is another one from the post-WWII Control Council 2nd definitive series. This is Mi 954 PFII, "shading on right sleeve continues to body". The shading line should go only about 2/3 of the way to the body.

Valued Member
256 Posts
Posted 08/12/2021   9:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi bookbndrbob,

Nice! I do not have it as a used copy.

Here one not in Michel, U of Deutsche fainted, on Parcel Card, position 29 on one type of sheet. Only one color for Nr.954.

Hornet

Valued Member
United Kingdom
82 Posts
Posted 08/13/2021   04:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WillUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
bookbndrbob - nice to see some of these. Here are some fun ones. I bought an old collection that had a few pages of these oddities. I have not tracked them down for references etc A host of PF of the cathedral series also. Missing perforation; faint I and broken frame.

Edited by WillUK - 08/13/2021 04:45 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
82 Posts
Posted 08/13/2021   04:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WillUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another - these large stamps are very attractive.... Probably an interesting study too

ABARTEN AND PLATE ERRORS / SOVIET OCCUPATION ZONE / MECKLENBURG-WESTERN POMERANIA - MiNr. 22 with plate error II (white notch in the right margin next to "L-" and "N" from "THÄL-MANN") - stamped - superb - catalog value according to Michel Spezial: at least 170.00 M €

Valued Member
United Kingdom
82 Posts
Posted 08/13/2021   04:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WillUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And its mate in the series.

ABARTEN AND PLATE ERRORS / SOVIET OCCUPATION ZONE / MECKLENBURG-WESTERN POMERANIA - MiNr. 20 with plate error II (white notch in the lower left margin) - stamped - superb - catalog value according to Michel Spezial: at least 170.00 M €

Valued Member
256 Posts
Posted 08/13/2021   06:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi WillUK,

The Allied Control serie I are post war production and you will find a lot of printing quality issue. Your stamps shown, the 5 and 25 Pfg are of those. The 6 Pfg can I see a general view of the pair or strip?

Hornet
Valued Member
United Kingdom
82 Posts
Posted 08/13/2021   09:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WillUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Allied Control serie I are post war production and you will find a lot of printing quality issue. Your stamps shown, the 5 and 25 Pfg are of those. The 6 Pfg can I see a general view of the pair or strip?

Hornet

Hi Hornet Here is the picture of the strip "as received". As you note there are probably wild quality control issues so these are for interest.
Page: of 14 Previous TopicReplies: 206 / Views: 7,558Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05