Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

German Varieties -Flyspecker Group

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 310 / Views: 14,866Next Topic
Page: of 21
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7239 Posts
Posted 05/04/2022   12:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for showing these, hornet. So far, I've only been able to find the one shown...so, either I am unlucky, or they are tough to find.

Here is another modern BRD plate flaw. This one is on the 100 (pf) value of the 1992 EUROPA set. It is Michel 1609 PF I., "blue vertical streak in the European's left knee band, field 11, part of the printing."

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7239 Posts
Posted 05/18/2022   6:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Found this one recently. It is the 1949 von Stephan commemorate, listed as Mi #116 PFII, "T of POST broken at top, field 25, part of the printing."

Valued Member
307 Posts
Posted 05/19/2022   5:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi bookbndrbob,

My favorite. Took me two years to complete the full PF I to XI.

Hornet
Edited by hornet785 - 05/19/2022 5:13 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Romania
513 Posts
Posted 05/20/2022   02:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for this example of PF II.
I only have PF III.
George
Valued Member
307 Posts
Posted 05/20/2022   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi George,

You can remove ONLY from your statement because they are hard to find (You have a nice PF III indeed. Like this PF II from bookbndrbob) . The exception is when you buy one advertised. But to find them yourself it is a nice challenge. 11 exist and two are very similar.

Salutations
Pillar Of The Community
Romania
513 Posts
Posted 05/21/2022   02:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hornet
It would be very helpful if you would post stamps with PF IV, VIII and IX that are not visually represented in Michel.
Thank you
George
Valued Member
Australia
12 Posts
Posted 05/29/2022   05:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Shangy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A couple interesting flaws 1872 Germany stamps.

Vertical blob left side.

Line under H of Deutsche going down to circle.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7239 Posts
Posted 05/31/2022   6:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Shangy, this series has been very well studied. The examples you show are printing irregularities rather than plate flaws/constant varieties. Printing irregularities/freaks are pretty common on these stamps.

Here are two plate flaws on the 1940 Helgoland commemorative. First one is Mi #750 PF II, "moon over island". Further details (pane position and length of print run) are not given.

Second one is 750 PF IV, "accent on 'H' of Helgoland (position 42, part of issue".

Pillar Of The Community
Romania
513 Posts
Posted 06/01/2022   04:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi bookbndrbob,
Thanks for these 2 plate flaws.
Michel 2019 also indicates the field position.

Pillar Of The Community
Romania
513 Posts
Posted 06/01/2022   09:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shangy
I saw on another site your 1/2 Groschen stamp with the same plate flaw.
It is identified as Michel 18 PF III (color line from the outer circle to the H) field 103, 104 Plate 1.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7239 Posts
Posted 06/01/2022   11:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks cupram.

Also, you are of course correct that I am wrong on the Mi #18 plate flaw. Shangy's example appears to be from position 103. PF also occurs on field 104, but that one is a thinner line, not quite touching the base of the 'H'.
Edited by bookbndrbob - 06/01/2022 4:29 pm
Valued Member
307 Posts
Posted 06/01/2022   5:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Very nice stamps guys...

Nr.18 is position 103, the position 104 the line goes midway from the circle to the H.

The Nr.20 is interesting.....

I'll come back with cupram demand for the BRD Nr.116.

Hornet

Hornet
Valued Member
Australia
12 Posts
Posted 06/02/2022   06:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Shangy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone, it's great to get a plate ID and any bit of information.
Valued Member
Australia
12 Posts
Posted 06/06/2022   9:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Shangy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A couple more to share.

The base of No.2 on 24 is split in two.

Doubling effect on No.40 and Bayern.
Pillar Of The Community
Romania
513 Posts
Posted 06/17/2022   03:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I found this Mi 116 stamp on a sales site.
I don't have a better picture and I'm not sure it's plate flaw I (in the picture in Michel's catalog the white line starts from 0 below).
What do you think? Is it PF I or just a scratch on the top of the stamp?

Page: of 21 Previous TopicReplies: 310 / Views: 14,866Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05