Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

German Varieties -Flyspecker Group

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 122 / Views: 4,249Next Topic
Page: of 9
Valued Member
Romania
402 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   06:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
German stamp Scott # 1747 / Michel # 1610, St. Ludgerus.
The glossy surface of the stamp has no changes in the area of the 2 white spots.
At a sufficient magnification inside the white spots, ink is observed-I have eliminated the possibility of a foreign particle on the surface of the paper during printing.
I think it's a plate or printing error.
Confirm if you have something similar and possibly the position of the field in the sheet.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
676 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   08:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
West Scachsen

Plate flaw 163 I. White triangular like shape over +18

Plate flaw 165 I. First window to the left, not a line but a dot.

Valued Member
Romania
402 Posts
Posted 01/23/2021   06:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Johan Buvelot - Thanks for 2 more varieties for the visual archive.
I found 2 stamps that have the same plate flaw :Colored spot on the top of the umbrella bar:

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5391 Posts
Posted 01/23/2021   1:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a constant variety on the 5c value of Landmarks definitive series. It appears on field 9 of the entire print run, according to Michel. Stamp is "break on the balustrade of the right tower", Michel #2381 PF I.

Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
676 Posts
Posted 01/24/2021   04:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Found it, Provinz Sachsen. Plate flaw 88 II

Repaired gap underside of the bridge(Retouche)

Valued Member
Romania
402 Posts
Posted 01/24/2021   06:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice plate flaws.
Russian Occupation-West Saxony (Scott 14N13) plate flaw: A instead of H in Deutsche. Michel 124I (field 57).

Edited by cupram - 01/24/2021 06:15 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5391 Posts
Posted 01/24/2021   1:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again Cupram and Johan for the nice scans.

Here is another modern one. This "hop growing" commemorative is from 1998. It is Michel #1999 PF I, from field 1 of a part of the print run; "brown fleck on the hops."

Valued Member
235 Posts
Posted 01/27/2021   4:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Very nice stamps and examples of PLF.

Hornet
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5391 Posts
Posted 01/27/2021   5:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here ia another oldie, from the PFENNIGE series. It is Michel 34 PF III, the right side of the cliche is trimmed, fields 20, 30, 40. and 50.

Valued Member
Romania
402 Posts
Posted 01/29/2021   07:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Two plate flaw from Germany Soviet Occupation 1948 series.
Michel # 212 I (Scott # 10N29) - thick "2" (Field 53, Plate12)

Michel #219 I (Scott # 10N36) - "O" in POST thickened it to the right (Field 54, Plate 1)

Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
Posted 01/31/2021   11:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rich60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Michael # 92 PF I - white dot between E & U in Deutsche

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5391 Posts
Posted 01/31/2021   12:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one Rich.

Here is another one from the Buildings series. This is Michel #81 PF VI, "tower on right unshaded".

I must apologize for the scan. My scanner insists that this stamp is bright red. I cannot adjust (photoshop) to the true yellow orange color without causing distortion.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5391 Posts
Posted 02/03/2021   10:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This one is on the 50 + 40 pf value (Mi #434 PF I) of the November 1, 1929 Provincial Coats of Arms charity issue. Michel says "40 PE stead of PF, position 31, part of issue."

Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
Posted 02/03/2021   5:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rich60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Everyone

Nice semi postal Bob.

A couple items from a large German holding I am breaking down.

Mi# 665 Unlisted printing defect/scratch

Nice misperf

Two privately perfed and gummed issues on carton paper postal stationery cutting. I know you can't see or feel paper thickness in a photo but these are unsusual. Mi# 454 is mentioned in Michel while Mi# 459 is not.

Rich
Valued Member
Romania
402 Posts
Posted 02/03/2021   10:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rich60 - welcome to this topic.
I hope you show us what other flaw plates you have or find on German stamps.
Page: of 9 Previous TopicReplies: 122 / Views: 4,249Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.38 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05