Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

German Varieties -Flyspecker Group

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 203 / Views: 7,189Next Topic
Page: of 14
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6181 Posts
Posted 02/04/2021   1:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is one on the 40 pf value of the REICHSPOST series. It is Michel 60 PF IV "lower part of the 'O' in REICHSPOST cut off."

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
255 Posts
Posted 02/04/2021   2:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

That is a nice copy. black plate of Nr.58-62 are not all known. Even the color plate. they are interesting and fun to search for!

Best regards

Hornet
Valued Member
United States
227 Posts
Posted 02/04/2021   3:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rich60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Folks
A few more items from my collection

Mi# 575I 1585 instead of 1685

Mi# 246I c instead of e in "Reich"

Mis-perfs

Mi# 922 Plate flaws - (left) broken frame above "1" - (right) PFFNNIG

Mi# 36 I DD Double overprint

Enjoy
Rich
Valued Member
255 Posts
Posted 02/04/2021   4:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rich60,

Nice your Nr.575 I

For the Allied Control serie I, these are post war printing and not in ideal condition. You will see lot of printing accident and foreign object. Here the PLF I do like the most on both 15 Pfg Nr.921-922 found on position 66. Curved vertical line touching the oval.

Also here an example of bottom sheet (inflation period Nr.244)

Best regards

Hornet

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6181 Posts
Posted 02/04/2021   5:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks hornet!

I was going to raise the issue that the term "plate flaw" has a very specific meaning in philately which is different from printing freaks and one-time errors. A plate flaw occurs at a specific cliche/place on the printing sheet and can occur on a complete print run, or on a part of a print run for a particular stamp. Many German stamps have been studied extensively, and Michel relies on both those studies and the BPP expertizers for its plate flaw listings. Michel references numbers used in studies and gives some other details, when known.

Here are two constant varieties/plate flaws on the 10 pf value from the 1946 Control Council issue. 918 PF I is a white streak between the 'C' and 'H' of DEUTSCHE. It occurs at field 56 for a part of the printing.

918 PF II is damaged upper left corner of the cliche at field 96, part of the print run.

Valued Member
255 Posts
Posted 02/04/2021   5:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi bookbndrbob,

Yes totaly.

For your PF I, position 56, only in color a, HAN 4115-47.2, 4131-47.4 and 4149-47.4

PF II, also only on color a, HAN 4103-47.1, 4115-47.1, 4131-47.3 and 4149-47.3

Sometimes same position, different printing, (Type of printing or order). Here an example of position 93 B (P of POST) on plate printing (two HAN) also only on color a. The 93 A is on roller printing and in color b. (defect on bottom frame at right of POST)

Best regards

Hornet

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6181 Posts
Posted 02/04/2021   6:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again hornet. I'll store the information/notations with the stamps. I have an album for this series.
Valued Member
255 Posts
Posted 02/04/2021   8:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi bookbndrbob,

The Alliierter Kontrollrat 1946-48 are one of my favorite.

Salutations

Hornet
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6181 Posts
Posted 02/05/2021   1:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the only plate flaw from this series which I have on cover....of which I am aware. It is the damaged lower right corner on the 8 pf value, Michel 817 PF I.

Valued Member
United States
227 Posts
Posted 02/05/2021   3:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rich60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Everyone
Today's flavor is SBZ. Complete Berlin-Brandenburg set with Inverted SBZ overprint.

Rich
Valued Member
255 Posts
Posted 02/05/2021   4:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi bookbndrbob,

Congrats, Nr.917 I, color a only, on roller printing position 55, on four type of sheet. On two type of sheet it is in scarce combination with position 51.

Your cover is a philatelic one but nice and on cover 80.00 Euros

Here PF I and position 51.

Hi Rich60, beautiful selection.

Salutations

Hornet

Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
706 Posts
Posted 02/06/2021   07:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Found a card with stamps, that helps explain one of the more confusing plate flaws of the German Empire. The 278 IV triangle in bottom of the 0.

The actual flaw is on the stamp on the right. The one on the left is smaller, but is often offered as the 278IV. You can find them on offer on ebay(even graded!!). Stamps shown are CTO.

On the same card a nice block to help you tell apart the 287 a and b. Light and darker green

It came from a cover that I could not save.

Valued Member
255 Posts
Posted 02/06/2021   08:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Johan,

Nice, Nr.278x with flaws on basic stamp. What you have are position 64-65 (not all sheet) The flaw IV is found on position 10, 15, 60, 65. The same combination 64-65 exist but with Nr.278x V.

Example here on cover.

Salutations

Hornet

Valued Member
Romania
423 Posts
Posted 02/06/2021   09:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Official stamp, issued December 1, 1923 with plate flaw PE1 (parallel appearance)
Fields 43,48,93 and98.
Michel#104P HT (Plate B)

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6181 Posts
Posted 02/06/2021   11:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice examples guys! And, thanks Johan and Hornet for the #162 positions 64 and 65 explanation. I had always thought that they were just different states of the same flaw. Michel doesn't help the user here.

Here is one from the "Farewell" series, which offers plenty of opportunities for the plate flaw seeker. This is an easy one. It is a white spot on the sower's shoe, Mi 127 PF I, from positions 21, 26, 71 and 76.

Page: of 14 Previous TopicReplies: 203 / Views: 7,189Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05