Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

German Varieties -Flyspecker Group

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 122 / Views: 4,247Next Topic
Page: of 9
Valued Member
235 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   10:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi bookbndrbob,

Nice, interesting booklets! Some PLF are very scarce. I do not have any of these.

Salutations

Hornet
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5386 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   1:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello again hornet.

Here are a couple of the more common ones from the same series. This is a "two for one" deal. The plate flaws are on a partial booklet pane (H-Bl 27 I); the piece lacks the two 10 pf stamps on the left (fields 1 and 5). The PFs are on fields 4 (PF I) and 8 (PF III).

Michel identifies several states of the 1038 III plate flaw. The one shown here is a thickening of the frame line without the dot outside of the frame line. The red dot indicates where it may occur.

Valued Member
235 Posts
Posted 03/08/2021   3:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

PHD continue on Nr.162/278X :) Had to dig my archive and scan.

To show Johan Buvelot for his nice Nr.278X block, you can see position 64-65 on Nr.162. The position 64 belongs to a type of flaw that is present on multiple position depending of type of sheet and looks like a dot to a wedge in form. See my example of Nr.162 position 65-75-85. The four positions for PF IV (Nr.278X, 10, 15, 60, 65) are Wedge.

And a Nr.278X with the R of REICH larger and with little white dots around. (Scarce, only on two type of sheet) found on position 85.

Hornet

Edited by hornet785 - 03/08/2021 3:47 pm
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
Posted 03/08/2021   6:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rich60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone,
Working on my Bavaria collection today - thought I would share some new items I received.

Mi# 14 I bar thru 1

Mi# 21 Broken circle upper right

Mi# 29 I Bar thru 0

Rich
Valued Member
235 Posts
Posted 03/08/2021   8:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rich,

Nr.14 PF III :)

Nr.21 PF II

Nr.29 PF IV

75 + 100 + 90 = 265 Euro Vogel-Peindl

Hornet

Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
Posted 03/08/2021   8:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rich60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Hornet
Valued Member
Romania
402 Posts
Posted 03/13/2021   3:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1992 Michel # 1596 -100th birthday of Arthur Honegger
This stamp has several constant varieties listed in Michel.

My stamp has plate flaw VI -The foot of the musical note in the second row is missing (Field 9)

Valued Member
235 Posts
Posted 03/14/2021   11:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

@ cupram, I did add three more PLF not in Michel: f 2, f 16 (Double flaw), f 47.

Hornet

Valued Member
Romania
402 Posts
Posted 03/14/2021   3:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks hornet.
F2-is G broken?
F47-Is E deformed at the bottom?
I recently bought a few hundred Federal Germany stamps (1970-2000) and am trying to identify the varieties.
Can you recommend a site or a book/catalogue that mentions all the constant varieties found so far?
Valued Member
235 Posts
Posted 03/14/2021   5:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi cupram,

F2-is G broken? Not broken but small dent
F47-Is E deformed at the bottom? Yes

The best for BRD is "Schätze in der Briefmarken-Sammlung Plattenfehler der BRD von 1949 bis heute" from Thomas Schantl, last edition is the 4th and finish with Nr.3113 (2014) about 320 pages. (it is a small book)

Hornet
Valued Member
Romania
402 Posts
Posted 03/15/2021   07:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks hornet
I suspect that Michel takes these varieties (but not all) from these catalogs issued by experts.
Please help me with a varieties of the official Mi # 35 stamp issued by Democratic Germany (I posted this question a few months ago.)
In Michel 2019 there are 3 varieties for this stamp:

I have two sheets with this stamp:

In field 79 appears variety III in the sheet 88758 but in the other appears "P broken"

Following the discussion with the seller (who has several sheets of this type) he confirmed to me that in even numbered sheets variety III appears and in odd numbered sheets "broken P" appears - which seems to be a new constant variety.
Variety I (field 58) does not appear in any scheet..
Variety II -Michel does not even indicate the field.
I think Michel hurried to mention these varieties.
Do additional or different information appear in the expert catalogs?
Edited by cupram - 03/15/2021 07:22 am
Valued Member
235 Posts
Posted 03/15/2021   11:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

@ cupram,

"I suspect that Michel takes these varieties (but not all) from these catalogs issued by experts."

Michel apply his own ident numbers based on study groups research. But they can not list everything. Lot of major flaws are not in Michel either.

For your example (Mi.Nr.35), this kind of information you will find in study groups publications or on a less spectrum in some Michel specialized books. There are also printing characteristics that are not real plate flaws. Yes examples exist of flaws found on particular numbers (Odd or Even). Inflation era is an example.

Hornet

Valued Member
235 Posts
Posted 03/18/2021   08:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

@ cupram, I sent email to you.

A little bit of Allied Control (Serie 1) 1946.

Nr.911, 1 Pfg Black from HAN 434-45. Real PLF Positions 26, 65, 66, 90.

Hornet

Edited by hornet785 - 03/18/2021 08:50 am
Valued Member
Romania
402 Posts
Posted 03/18/2021   3:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Hornet
For this stamp, Michel mentions only one variety.
These varieties above, in what catalog do I find them?
George
Valued Member
235 Posts
Posted 03/20/2021   08:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

@ cupram,

For this period 1946-48 the best are the books from Dr Albrecht Ostermann and Jan Hohmann.

Study group here: https://www.arge-alliierter-kontrollrat.de

Here on the same serie Nr.926 III (Michel), 25 Pfg Blue (You will find the same on the 25 Pfg Yellow). Found on two scarce sheets position 16, 17, 19, 20. Five touching the two.

Hornet

Page: of 9 Previous TopicReplies: 122 / Views: 4,247Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.73 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05