Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamp Collecting During The Coronavirus Pandemic

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 2,843Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1418 Posts
Posted 06/01/2020   6:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
While pickings for me are thin on the ground at the best of times, the only change I made when all this started was to refrain from buying from overseas, until early May.

I'm waiting for a letter from New Zealand that was posted in the first week of May so I'll be relieved when it shows up!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1384 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   11:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received this postcard yesterday from the multimillionaire Belgian industrialist who recently served as RPSL President. Apparently cheekily intended to recall those winsome holiday postcards of days past, to me, it succeeds only in being utterly tone-deaf. Because I can't seem to find the wine cellar or lower basement in the house to which I've been confined for three months. (Along with my sense of humor.)

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1418 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   03:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My letter from NZ arrived this morning - 27 days transit time.

I must have a look at my 140 year old covers to New Zealand, just to see how far the system has fallen

Valued Member
United Kingdom
251 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   10:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Noocassel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone received any mail with cachets or etiquettes saying anything about the Pandemic? OR mail that has notes about disinfection?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2775 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   11:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If I did, I would save them.
Al
Valued Member
United States
25 Posts
Posted 06/17/2020   1:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My local coin and stamp show is re-opening later this month after several months off due to coronavirus. I do plan on attending but will be very cautious, I assume that I am at a comparable amount of risk every time I visit the supermarket with all of the hoards of people that congregate there these days.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
885 Posts
Posted 06/17/2020   2:25 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone had any experience with PF expertizing turnaround time in the last few weeks? I know they are up and running, but curious if I should lower my expectation on turnaround time? I have a few submissions waiting.
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
Posted 06/17/2020   11:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add landoquakes to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered a stamp from APS and it looks like the shipping delays are now over. I know that at least one large worldwide dealer has been very busy with want lists. Shows around here have been cancelled though July 11. I do plan on having Metropex in October (cross fingers). I'm getting a chance to go though some box lots and albums, I agree with a previous post that it is much easier to aquire stamps than it is to go though them all!
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 2,843Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05