Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sorry About That Folks...

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 2,867Next Topic
Page: of 2
Forum Dad
Learn More...
USA
1778 Posts
Posted 04/23/2020   1:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Well it seems coronavirus has affected us here.

The datacenter had multiple network hardware failures that would normally only take a few hours to repair.

But due to the current situation they were running very shorthanded and also has to get a piece of hardware they didn't have at the center probably because of delivery issues.

Edited to add: All stamp community email was down too and likely lost. I should have had 4-500 emails come in today and I only had about 20. So please don't think I was ignoring you if you emailed.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4583 Posts
Posted 04/23/2020   1:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good to go.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
372 Posts
Posted 04/23/2020   1:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canyoneer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great to have it back up ... thanks for working through it!!!!#128079;
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1311 Posts
Posted 04/23/2020   1:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Whew!! Thought I might have to join the FPA (Frustrated Philatelists Anonymous). Those of you who resurrected this forum, I thank you profusely for your herculean efforts.
Learn More...
United States
10537 Posts
Posted 04/23/2020   1:24 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed, I got over 15 emails per day inquiring about the site even with the notice on Stamp Smarter. Folks were definitely philatelically jonesing.
Don
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 04/23/2020   1:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You did a good job Bobby with the headaches you went through..Bravo.

Robert
Forum Dad
Learn More...
USA
1778 Posts
Posted 04/23/2020   1:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It was very stressful for me.

Since it was a network problem I had nothing. All 4 servers that the sites use were unreachable. The site server, email server, MSSQL server, and the MySQL server.... all unreachable. That's frightening when it's your livelihood.

Then as the updates come, always with another added issue, you start making up worst case scenarios in your head. At points, in my mind, I was homeless in a few months.

I feel so much better now.
Valued Member
473 Posts
Posted 04/23/2020   1:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StateRevs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!!!

Rest assured, we noticed the site was down, and you were missed!

I kept checking and checking and checking....

Glad to have you back
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 04/23/2020   1:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At points, in my mind, I was homeless in a few months.

Never fear Bobby..I have a 4 bedroom house..Lots of room for you and yours...haha

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8290 Posts
Posted 04/23/2020   1:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Phew. I was starting to sweat and get the shakes not to mention the giant rabbit that was talking to me constantly. I think that I will read posts until that warm feeling washes over me again.
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 04/23/2020   1:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby
I have a new avatar for you..I mean just in case...haha

Robert

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1330 Posts
Posted 04/23/2020   1:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And here I thought I broke something!
Oh my god! Thanks Bobby. I needed this.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
851 Posts
Posted 04/23/2020   1:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rustyc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You don't realize how much you love something until it's gone. Thanks, Bobby for persevering to get SCF up and running again!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
614 Posts
Posted 04/23/2020   2:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rismoney to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
At some point down the road I'd like to talk to you about migrating to cloud servers instead of physical, so you don't have to manage the baremetal availability.

I'd volunteer for free in anyway I can.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
663 Posts
Posted 04/23/2020   2:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate your efforts, even if it was just worrying.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1106 Posts
Posted 04/23/2020   2:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danstamps54 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby,

Thank you for your efforts! SCF withdrawal is horrible! I started shaking so badly that I couldn't even hold my tongs!

Dan
Experienced stamps need a home too. I'd rather have an example that is imperfect than no example.
I collect for enjoyment, not investment.
APS Member #223433
Postmark Collectors Club Member #6333
Meter Stamp Society Member #1409
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 2,867Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05