Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

E Bay Offerings Of Unusual Items

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,303Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
50 Posts
Posted 04/25/2020   2:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Gizzmo4222 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Look at this eBay amazinger-59 seller. Why are they allowing this to go on. The listings are good for a few laughs. If only they were genuine !! Enjoy!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/amazinger-59/m.html

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5970 Posts
Posted 04/25/2020   4:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No rules on what a person can ask as a price. He could ask a bazillion dollars for anything he (or she) wants. I can almost guarantee they go unsold.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6848 Posts
Posted 04/25/2020   6:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This seller has been around a long time; the name changes but the material stays the same.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4624 Posts
Posted 04/25/2020   7:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
994 of 995 feedbacks are as a buyer. Go figure.
Valued Member
53 Posts
Posted 04/25/2020   7:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add elmerfudd22 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
i just saw your post I was noticing some huge sales on worthless stamps marked rare on eBay. see the 2 cent washington in high sales and one cent franklin. somethings goofy. either that or I have a million dollars worth of "rare" stamps.
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
Posted 04/26/2020   07:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gizzmo4222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You are correct. This seller keeps changing his seller name every few months. He has a habit of bidding and not paying also and then leaves negative feedback about unpaid cases. I should check my junk box to see what I have similar to these. I could wipe of the national debt .....HA HA !! I love to read all the comments he makes about how rare these items are. He should have been a writer !
Forum Dad
USA
1547 Posts
Posted 04/26/2020   10:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You really don't want anyone telling you what your allowed to ask for things do you?
Valued Member
United States
7 Posts
Posted 04/26/2020   10:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ramshomerfan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have written eBay regarding this fraudulent seller. Yet they do nothing. The material is legit, just asking crazy prices for a 1c stamp lol. What puzzles me however is the seller's benefit. It's just hilarious. Get a life. So, I don't think he's bamboozling anyone. A collector who spends the money he's asking is well versed in the antics and far more knowledgeable #128578;
Forum Dad
USA
1547 Posts
Posted 04/26/2020   10:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think most people here would flip if they listed something and eBay pulled it because they think you're asking too much.

Look at all the ones he's sold
https://www.ebay.com/sch/amazinger-...=1&LH_Sold=1
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6848 Posts
Posted 04/26/2020   11:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a school of thought that some of this type of seller is a cover for some kind of illegal activity. Who knows, perhaps it is somehow.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
732 Posts
Posted 04/26/2020   2:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ringo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Probably money laundering. Fake sales by a fake dealer.

A way of funnelling ill-gotten cash into the banking system, looking honest and traceable, should the law go snooping.
Learn More...
8268 Posts
Posted 04/26/2020   2:56 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Having 50+ accounts allows you to build up sales and feedbacks on an eBay account, you can then sell the account to others.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6848 Posts
Posted 04/27/2020   5:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps this seller is the worst of all. This is really looking for the gravy train.....

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Stamps/260...nman&_sop=16
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1545 Posts
Posted 07/06/2020   7:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This seller is hoping a fake back story will help him get $160 for this badly damaged, practically worthless, "Scott #11 Stamp Very early impression 1851 Stamp."

The image of the back is the wrong stamp. The description is a must-read.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Stamp-C...202902177404
Valued Member
Learn More...
241 Posts
Posted 07/06/2020   11:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
*shakes head* Good lord, do people really fall for this?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
938 Posts
Posted 07/07/2020   02:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
We are a charity shop part owned by two well known actors.

Oh, they must be legit. [Where's an eyeroll smilie when you need one?]
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,303Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05