Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Resolved - Flag Over Porch Identification Help Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 363Next Topic  

2 Posts
Posted 05/14/2020   3:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add LynnSylvester to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
RESOLVED - Please ignore this post.

I have been asked to catalog an inherited stamp collection, the bulk being loose and unorganized. With regard to the 32c Flag Over Porch issues, I have encountered a single stamp that I can not identify and have yet to even find a photograph of one.

Specifically, the subject of this post is a red 1995 coil stamp perforated horizontally. Any input, help and/or links would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, I have been authorized to liquidate this collection after cataloging. In addition to circulated US issues, there are numerous mint, but sadly hinged, US issues; countless first day covers and souvenir booklets from the UN; and a small collection of Foreign issues. Could someone possibly provide some leads to potential buyers of this collection?

Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.
Send note to Staff
Edited by LynnSylvester - 05/14/2020 4:39 pm

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3148 Posts
Posted 05/14/2020   3:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Please check out this link...actually one of the more interesting US stamps for varieties

http://www.midwestphilatelicsociety...verPorch.pdf
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Al
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1245 Posts
Posted 05/14/2020   3:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't think there were any 1995 vertical coils (horizontal perfs) of any color, red or otherwise.
Added: OK, let me try again. Assuming that you meant a red 1995 date on a Flag over Porch stamp, there are two possibilities. Scott 2913 is a horizontal (vertical perf 9.8) coil and Scott 2916 is a booklet stamp perf 10.8x9.8. Both were produced by BEP. Perhaps the 2913 is your stamp.
Edited by JLLebbert - 05/14/2020 4:19 pm
2 Posts
Posted 05/14/2020   4:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LynnSylvester to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So, I was remiss in not uploading a photo - I knew that I was going to regret that. I took a photograph of the stamp and proceeded to crop and blow it up. Upon doing so I could just barely make out a hint of perforations on a third side. I am both embarrassed and, more than anything, disappointed. Thanks to both of you who responded. I apologize for wasting your time.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 363Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05