Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Some Help Requested With Suspected Errors

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 568Next Topic  
Valued Member
Netherlands
53 Posts
Posted 05/15/2020   2:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Julius to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello there,

So here's the story, I recently picked up a batch of USA FDC's for dirt cheap. USA isn't very popular here in Europe. And I noticed a few things seemed 'off' on some stamps. So I did some research but couldn't find anything concrete. They look like errors.

So anyway, here they are. If anybody can help me with this I would be very gratefull, Thanks in advance.

Here are they
[1] Banking se-tenant from 1975; I can vaguely remember that the native American cent was bronze, and the big coin right looks half coloured.

[2] First solo flight across the transatlantic 1977; Isn't this stamp more as a night sky ?, seems some purple is missing

[3] Pap test 1978; The left stamp seems to only show the slate

[4] Honouring Herkimer from 1977; I don't know what to think of this one. Red omitted, stamp put in sun ?

[5] Frank Lloyd Wright and American flag from 1959; Red omitted from USA flag

[6] Rural america from 1977; red omitted in combination with a normal one

[7] Jimmy rodgers from ????; Left one shows purple, right one doesn't. and Jimmie ... Looks a little pale

Thanks again :D
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
3804 Posts
Posted 05/15/2020   2:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The red end of the spectrum sun-bleaches faster. Someone has been playing games with your covers. Your covers show the typical results.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6288 Posts
Posted 05/15/2020   3:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The sun/UV light bleaching looks very deliberate on these stamps.
Edited by bookbndrbob - 05/15/2020 3:27 pm
Valued Member
68 Posts
Posted 05/15/2020   3:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add elmerfudd22 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah, I have a bunch of these stamps with color changes due to people playing with chemicals on them
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2721 Posts
Posted 05/15/2020   10:11 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
stamps having fun in the sun, while we are stuck inside
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1194 Posts
Posted 05/15/2020   11:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have to agree with the others. May very well may have been on display, in a dealers shop in a box or on display on the wall.The uv from sun or flourescent light or just exposure to plain ole daylight obviously did a job on them.
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
Posted 05/16/2020   10:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dwwjr56 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have to agree, but the slate color stamp may be something....who knows, but worth checking in my opinion...
Cool to look at though and research!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4481 Posts
Posted 05/16/2020   3:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sunshine color changelings including the red to slate.
Learn More...
9752 Posts
Posted 05/16/2020   3:23 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
More info on color changelings
http://stampsmarter.com/learning/Ar...gelings.html
Don
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
Posted 05/16/2020   5:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dwwjr56 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Don for the interesting and informative link!
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 568Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05