Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Show Your US 1851-57 Imperforate Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 638 / Views: 16,015Next Topic
Page: of 43
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1427 Posts
Posted 05/25/2020   9:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chipshot, I've plated your stamp with part of the adjoining stamps showing at left and right as being printed from position 6L2, but I haven't confirmed whether it is from the early state of plate 2 (#10A) or the late state of plate 2 (#11A). It most likely is an #11a, but a clearer image with truer color would be helpful.

All of your stamps look orange, so I'm guessing that the color in your images are skewed toward orange for some reason (the backgrounds look yellow/orange brown).
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
121 Posts
Posted 05/25/2020   10:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much. I am using an apple cell phone and you are definitely correct in the color being skewed to orange and it might be the influence of the lighting here. I can try to scan the images and see if that results in a truer image. I will try to get this done tomorrow and can include the other stamps for your perusal. I appreciate your input.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1427 Posts
Posted 05/25/2020   11:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You,re welcome, Chipshot. Looking forward . . .
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
121 Posts
Posted 05/26/2020   3:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a repeat of the 3 cent stamp in question and I believe it is "brighter" than my original post. Still using my cell phone.
First is the page of stamps. Many are not entire but for attempting color I believe they are useful.

I do use the preview and my photo's should be upright if it is a true copy of what is to be posted.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
121 Posts
Posted 05/26/2020   4:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I used "natural light and believe the color is more like the actual stamp.

I tried to upload the previous image for direct comparison with no success. It is posted earlier in the thread.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1427 Posts
Posted 05/26/2020   5:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chipshot, that looks like an attractive collection of stamps. I'd really like to see some scans of them one at a time as large a size as you can upload.

The new image of the single stamp still looks like an #11A. That would make the plate position 6L2L.

When I right click on your images and select "View Image" the images are upright. I wonder if the SCF web site is rotating the image to your cell phone's landscape orientation.

The image uploader file size limit is pretty restrictive, from what I understand. I use ImageShack so there are no size limits. It costs me $20 a year, which I think is a good value considering how often I upload images here and on the coin site.
Edited by Classic Coins - 05/26/2020 5:31 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
814 Posts
Posted 05/26/2020   5:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How's this?

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1427 Posts
Posted 05/26/2020   6:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Laurie, That is a gorgeous gem of a #9! Is that spot on the forehead a plate flaw (I hope)?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
814 Posts
Posted 05/26/2020   7:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks CC it's a #7 and I think it's a ink blob I'm waiting for a cert to come back
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2051 Posts
Posted 05/26/2020   7:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
laurie - That's a #9 recut once at top and twice at bottom.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1295 Posts
Posted 05/26/2020   8:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Position 84R1L.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
121 Posts
Posted 05/26/2020   8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wish to thank all the contributors to this feed. Almost all are positive and encouraging in their responses and helpful in this special feed and throughout the site. I am so glad I am a participant.
Laurie your contributions are wonderful. Classic Coins I tried to send you an email to the address you have posted and find I was rejected. Not sure if the address is in need of attention or if you might not wish to have over whelming posts. Nevertheless thank you for the encouragement! I am sure some get tired of the repetition that you may encounter, but understand that positive replies are so much more appreciated than those that might be obtuse or negative in their tone. Thanks and regards to all.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1427 Posts
Posted 05/26/2020   9:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chipshot, You're certainly welcome. I never get tired of corresponding with other collectors, and I encourage anyone to contact me by email.

I just checked my profile, and everything looks fine to me. I just tried emailing you. Let me know if you got it.
Edited by Classic Coins - 05/26/2020 9:44 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
814 Posts
Posted 05/26/2020   10:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I too enjoy this thread and all the contributors too!
I am learning so much about the imperforate series, it's great!
Thanks for the confirmation also on the #9 I could have sworn it was a #7!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1295 Posts
Posted 05/26/2020   11:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
laurie, sometimes the outer recut lines on #9 are not easy to discern, but if there is an inner recut line such as on your stamp you can't miss it, and it's a 100 percent giveaway for #9.

Page: of 43 Previous TopicReplies: 638 / Views: 16,015Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05