Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Show Your US 1851-57 Imperforate Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 702 / Views: 18,049Next Topic
Page: of 47
Valued Member
Romania
23 Posts
Posted 06/01/2020   10:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampy1976 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is all I have with this condition.

Thank you for your time!
Michael
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1459 Posts
Posted 06/01/2020   11:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
stampy1976, Those are nice stamps. Can you show a larger image of the 3-cent stamp in the middle?
Valued Member
Romania
23 Posts
Posted 06/01/2020   1:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampy1976 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is an single image with 3c.

Have a nice day!
Michael
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1459 Posts
Posted 06/01/2020   4:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Michael. That's a nice #11.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2285 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   08:39 am  Show Profile Check sinclair2010's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Michael, you should Post perfectly focused images of the #11, front and back, against a black background. It's worth at least considering that the stamp has rouletting on the sides.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
124 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   10:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to add this stamp to the discussion and would appreciate any information that might add to my knowledge, thank you
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
124 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   10:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And here are some other 3 Cents I don't believe I have posted before.

It does appear that the blue cancelled may have been put up here earlier but this is done by scanner and may be a superior image.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1459 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   10:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chip, Your image is blurry, so the stamp is difficult to identify. It could be a #35 with the perforations trimmed off, but a clearer and larger image would be very helpful.

Was this image acquired with a scanner?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1459 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chip, May I ask what kind of scanner you are using? Your images are out of focus.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
124 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   11:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, it is an HP and I made an adjustment which allowed me to get the right file size easier, I believe to 500 x 500 pixels. I will undo that and try again for improved quality.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1459 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   12:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chip,

Are you using "HP Scan" software or some other image acquisition application?

You can scan larger images than SCF allows, then let the image optimizer reduce it for posting as per the instructions on this page:

https://www.stampcommunity.org/sc_t...g_images.asp

UPDATE: Changed the URL
Edited by Classic Coins - 06/02/2020 12:10 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
124 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   2:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had to reload the VueScan but now have what I hope is an acceptable quality image of the 10 cent stamp.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1459 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   6:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chip, That image of your 10-cent stamp is clearer. A closeup scan of the lower-right corner would be helpful in confirming the Scott number, but I'm leaning more toward this being a #35 with the perforations trimmed off.

Maybe you can check this with a magnifier. If it was one of the imperforate types, you should see three pearls, or balls, where the arrow indicates in the following image. This image shows the pearls on a #14 at left, and only a trace of the pearls on a #35 at right.

In VueScan you should be able to post larger stamp images by cropping more of the surrounding white space out before scanning. After clicking the preview button, click and drag the mouse to draw a box closely around the image, as is shown by the dotted lines below:

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1459 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   6:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chip, your 3-cent stamp with the manuscript cancel is a #11. The one with the blue cancel is an 11A.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1299 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   8:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The ten-center is definitely a trimmed #35.
Page: of 47 Replies: 702 / Views: 18,049Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05