Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Show Your US 1851-57 Imperforate Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 638 / Views: 16,019Next Topic
Page: of 43
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1427 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   9:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
#10A position 24R5e with a shifted transfer in the upper label block:

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2051 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   12:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice impression. It shows the variety well.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
121 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   2:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for the sharing of your knowledge and your patience with one such as myself who is benefiting from your counsel.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1427 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   3:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You're welcome, Chip. If there's anything else we can do to help, Just let us know, or email.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
121 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   4:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have this image and wish to see if it might have a guide dot in the top left corner and if you might plate it for me? Thank you.

The first being the entire from my scanner and the second using my cell phone magnification.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2280 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   5:28 pm  Show Profile Check sinclair2010's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We actually need to see the upper right corner, that is where there IS a guide dot. The stamp is from the top row of Plate 4.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1427 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   5:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's a really nice stamp, Chip. A gash on shoulder variety (covered earlier in this thread).
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1427 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   9:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A couple of unplated #7

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
121 Posts
Posted 06/04/2020   09:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Classic Coins, here is that top row stamp top right

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
121 Posts
Posted 06/04/2020   10:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Being a little repetitive here is the whole stamp once again, different light which I hope is more representative of the actual stamp color and another for consideration.

Last is my page of 10-11's. All information and direction is appreciated. Thank you.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1427 Posts
Posted 06/04/2020   1:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chip, your plate 4 stamp with the probable guide dot at top was almost certainly printed from position 7L4. I'm not 100 percent certain due to the image quality.

The stamp below it is also from plate 4.
Edited by Classic Coins - 06/04/2020 1:03 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1427 Posts
Posted 06/04/2020   9:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
#11 Plate position 71R4 with a July 4 1857 cancel.

This is variety #29 Bottom Label & Lower Right Diamond Block Joined at Bottom

https://www.uspcs.org/stamps-covers...amp-plating/

Valued Member
United States
72 Posts
Posted 06/04/2020   9:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ioagoa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Classic Coins -- that is a beautiful impression on your 71R4 -- and a great example of the recut variety. In addition -- this is one of those positions where the upper end of the RFL extends beyond its intersection with the TFL (which shows crystal clearly on your stamp). I know color ID is impossible from a scan -- but your stamp looks to have post office fresh color -- my guess is either 1856 brownish carmine or 1857 brownish claret (again -- impossible to tell from a scan) -- and with a July 4, 1857 year dated cds to boot -- all in all a gem of a stamp. Thanks for posting it!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1427 Posts
Posted 06/04/2020   10:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You're welcome, ioagoa. And thanks for your comments.

The color is deep claret, but the image I posted is more red than the actual stamp.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2601 Posts
Posted 06/04/2020   10:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampcrow to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's 95R4 with a loop in the Upper Left Frame line.
Page: of 43 Previous TopicReplies: 638 / Views: 16,019Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05