Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Show Your US 1851-57 Imperforate Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 851 / Views: 23,326Next Topic
Page: of 57
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
834 Posts
Posted 07/03/2020   6:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Txstamp....silly old me!
I've removed the backing paper I didn't remember posting it
Thx for the reminder.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
834 Posts
Posted 07/03/2020   6:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I found this poor old thing too, it's a spacefiller
But an ID would be appreciated...another #7?

Edited by Laurie 02 - 07/03/2020 6:40 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
834 Posts
Posted 07/03/2020   6:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This was on a piece next to the last one, they were joined at one stage but had been folded thus the wear, I salvaged one but this is beyond hope I think!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2065 Posts
Posted 07/03/2020   7:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
22R1E #7 Double Transfer - Very nice DT
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
834 Posts
Posted 07/03/2020   7:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thx Txstamp I just can't see the DT?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2065 Posts
Posted 07/03/2020   8:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
110 Posts
Posted 07/04/2020   11:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ioagoa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For those in the United States -- Happy Independence Day -- show us your July 4th cancels on an 1851 - 1857 imperforate.

Here is position 15L5L with a socked-on-the-nose blue town July 4th cds -- probable town name is Andover -- but state is uncertain as there were at least a half dozen states in 1851 - 1857 with towns named Andover.

Color of this stamp "in hand" is a beautiful 1856 yellowish rose red -- but since on a computer monitor the usual disclaimer applies about differences in scanner settings, graphic drivers, monitor settings, etc. -- all of which will distort the color you see on your screen.

Regards // ioagoa

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1519 Posts
Posted 07/04/2020   3:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ioagoa, I love the yellowish rose reds, and with its neat light-blue Jul 4 CDS, yours is the prettiest YRR I've seen! Thanks for showing it.

Happy Independence Day!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1519 Posts
Posted 07/04/2020   3:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Re-posting this 71R4 in deep claret with a 4th of July New Orleans cancel for Independence Day:

Valued Member
United States
110 Posts
Posted 07/05/2020   12:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ioagoa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
classic coins -- that 71R4 with the July 4th cds is a gem of a stamp. Thanks for showing it. Regards // ioagoa
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1519 Posts
Posted 07/05/2020   2:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, ioagoa.

#11A position 2R2L plated by Carroll Chase with his note on back about the split bottom frame line:

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
617 Posts
Posted 07/05/2020   5:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Classic Coins, that's pretty sweet!

What's up with the LLTr, the horizontal lines fall outside of the triangle. I've not seen that before.

Hope everyone had a great forth!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1519 Posts
Posted 07/05/2020   8:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Moyock13, That's an interesting observation.

The print clarity of the 2R2L is quite good. I don't think ink pull is the cause of the horizontal lines appearing to extend beyond the triangle. I think this may be an illusion because the two curved lines in the triangle fade out at the bottom right corner.

Here is a clearly-printed lower-left triangle. When compared to the 2R2L, it looks like the curved lines on 2R2L would have intersected with the bottom horizontal line if they had not faded out.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
617 Posts
Posted 07/05/2020   9:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks CC, but I donno. Even the LLDB looks a little deformed compared to the later. There's something weird about your 2R2L, I don't believe that it's an ink pull. I looked on stamp plating and stamps 4 collectors (unfortunately there's no enlargement) there seems to be a longer horizontal line extension at the bottom to the LLTr on several of the 2R2L's that I was able to look at. Might be noting...
Valued Member
United States
110 Posts
Posted 07/06/2020   11:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ioagoa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Further the discussion a few days ago about the differences between stamps from plate 2E and 2L -- (which very generally speaking were caused by extensive re-entry -- and with only some minor touching-up by hand) -- for comparison to the 2R2L posted by classic coins, attached is a scan of the same position, but from the early state of the plate -- 2R2E -- (which also happens to be "the" stamp that is in the Chase photo). If you download both of the images for 2R2L and 2R2E -- and bring them up side-by-side on your monitor -- some of the differences between the Early and Late states of the plate caused by the re-entry process (all as discussed in the Chase book) should be identifiable. One other interesting thing to note is that this position on the Early state of the plate was a C relief -- but when 2E became 2L, it was re-entered with a B relief. Regards // ioagoa

Edited by ioagoa - 07/06/2020 11:16 am
Page: of 57 Replies: 851 / Views: 23,326Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05