Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Show Your US 1851-57 Imperforate Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,413 / Views: 50,808Next Topic
Page: of 95
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2293 Posts
Posted 11/03/2020   2:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a Lancaster, PA cover from the same correspondence as your Oct 25th one. Mine is Nov 12, 1852 and is in Blue.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1760 Posts
Posted 11/03/2020   4:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, txstamp. That's good to know!

The Lancaster cancel color varieties on the 1851-57 issue are interesting, and they would make a nice collecting specialty.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
745 Posts
Posted 11/03/2020   5:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caper123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanx txstamp.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
952 Posts
Posted 11/05/2020   5:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is one that I recently acquired listed as 10a position 11R2e.
I like centerline pieces. This one has a nice doubled centerline.
It also has a nice sharp strike.

Edited by jaxom100 - 11/05/2020 5:14 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1760 Posts
Posted 11/05/2020   8:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
jaxom100, That's a beautiful stamp that shows the double center line nicely! And as pen cancels go, I'd say it's a nice one too.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1760 Posts
Posted 11/06/2020   7:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
#11 pair, 25L6-26L6, with neat Aug 15 Brooklyn New York cancels:

Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
Posted 11/07/2020   12:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ioagoa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Classic Coins --

Nice plate 6 pair -- crisp impressions like that are relatively uncommon on plate 6.

Adding this pair to my plating reference files.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards // ioagoa
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1760 Posts
Posted 11/07/2020   12:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, ioagoa. I'm glad you found it useful.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1760 Posts
Posted 11/08/2020   2:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
#11A from the recut button position, 10R2L, on an embossed cover from Williams College, Williamstown, Massachusetts.

The embossing reads; Aude Sapere ("Dare to know"), Class of 1859, Williams

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2720 Posts
Posted 11/08/2020   4:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampcrow to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
CC, here's the stampcrow version of 10R2L Recut Button on cover. I do have a slightly better copy off cover.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1760 Posts
Posted 11/08/2020   5:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice example, stampcrow. Thanks for showing it. A good position to have on cover.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
896 Posts
Posted 11/08/2020   7:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've just received this lovely #7
I like it as it shows the bott ornaments off nicely!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1760 Posts
Posted 11/08/2020   9:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice acquisition, Laurie! That's a great position piece!

Is it plated?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
896 Posts
Posted 11/08/2020   10:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CC and thanks, not plated, I'm not that good!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1760 Posts
Posted 11/09/2020   10:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Two folded letters from the same correspondence from Baltimore Maryland to John Monn Jr. in Quincy Pennsylvania. The contents of both letters are regarding seed prices and purchases.

Both covers are franked with a #10A. The stamp on the Sep 29 cover was canceled with an odd-colored grid, possibly red-orange turned brown, and is unplated.

The stamp on the Nov 10 cover is from sheet position 93L2e. It is a wet printing, with ink bleed in the top and bottom parts of the design.

Page: of 95 Previous TopicReplies: 1,413 / Views: 50,808Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 17.08 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05