Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Piece De Resistance On Steiner Pages .

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 213 / Views: 14,066Next Topic
Page: of 15
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5515 Posts
Posted 08/10/2021   4:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bill ---Still not picking up the true colors I see in daylight ,it still looks like I am miss labeling them .

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5515 Posts
Posted 08/13/2021   10:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Surprised the above shades have not gotten more remarks concidering the catalog listings of Germany shades is such a popular study in the German Catalogs .Maybe it is the high price of some of those shades .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5515 Posts
Posted 08/14/2021   07:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hamburg ---
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5515 Posts
Posted 08/16/2021   08:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5515 Posts
Posted 08/16/2021   08:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5515 Posts
Posted 08/21/2021   10:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Off to Rasdale Stamp Auction today ,going to try to pick up a very detail shade/color study of early Germany which was put into a large bulk lot .I have a few lots in this auction that if I can get close to opening bid will be happy .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5515 Posts
Posted 09/01/2021   11:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hamburg typographed imperforated ,possible printed for a later day event .
Edited by floortrader - 09/01/2021 11:26 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5515 Posts
Posted 09/03/2021   12:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
At first I was going to mount these on Steiner pages but decided they look good just the way I found these in a purchased lot of forgeries . Guess no one knows who made these fakes .
Valued Member
United States
356 Posts
Posted 09/03/2021   2:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Germania to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hamburg typographed imperforated ,possible printed for a later day event .

The six denominations in the "SS" were originally used for stationery. Copper electrotypes using the original dies were created illegally and essentially printed on demand, starting in the late 1800's. Possibly by the Hamburg stamp dealer Bestelmeyer.

I have seen them in color, too. Pure fantasy reproductions.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5515 Posts
Posted 09/10/2021   12:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Germania ---Thanks for that additional information on the souvenir sheet above ,I will add that info when I redo the page .

Here is another page that looks a lot better than breaking it down into two Steiner pages ,so left this page alone .
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
Posted 09/10/2021   1:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gvol21 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
floortrader - What a beautiful album! Think I've seen these pop up occasionally at auctions - is it a Schaubek?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5515 Posts
Posted 09/10/2021   1:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
GVOL21 ---Yes it is from the SCHAUBEK EUROPA III----- Love the maps in the front of the album ,very colorful . The pages are easy to cut down to fit my binders for Steiner pages .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5515 Posts
Posted 09/12/2021   08:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3855 Posts
Posted 09/13/2021   11:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great pages floortrader

Thank you for sharing them with us.

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Valued Member
256 Posts
Posted 09/13/2021   3:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi floortrader,

Just noticed that you have the lion in oval with long nose (40 Pfg) on your Bavarian official page.

Salutations

Hornet
Page: of 15 Previous TopicReplies: 213 / Views: 14,066Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05