Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Piece De Resistance On Steiner Pages .

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 246 / Views: 15,947Next Topic
Page: of 17
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5565 Posts
Posted 10/10/2021   08:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
STAMP KING was the name of his store . It was always packed with boxes and stuff crowding the place and lots of visitors stopping in .

Once he had a 60 draw metal file cabinet that held maybe 50,000 glassine envelopes . This file cabinet stood as tall as me . He wanted to get it out of the shop . It was huge and heavy .Since I was one of the few buyers he knew that drove a pickup truck ,his interest was to get rid of it and it was just a matter of agreeing on price . I think we agreed half way between his asking price and my offer .

It took me 6 months and a ad in Linn's to get rid of all that material thru a foreign mixture box lot thru the ad in Linns ,but still kept a lot of stuff to fill another Scott International sold thru Rasdale's Stamp Auction .
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by floortrader - 10/10/2021 08:39 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5565 Posts
Posted 10/10/2021   09:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5565 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   08:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5565 Posts
Posted 10/21/2021   12:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2453 Posts
Posted 10/21/2021   1:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Those Russian stamps have some very nice colors to them.
Some very attractive pages.

edit: very nice thread that you have going here.
Edited by txstamp - 10/21/2021 1:12 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2046 Posts
Posted 10/21/2021   1:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is nothing, at least to me, as pleasing as pages full of definitive sets.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7079 Posts
Posted 10/21/2021   2:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Would love to see a closeup of some of the higher value stamps such as the Dardanelles 70 Piastres on 7 Ruble.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5565 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   07:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7079 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   2:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Floortrader! I am doing some research and every little bit helps.
Pillar Of The Community
570 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   5:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Those are incredible examples. I have some of these series' but the condition of yours is beautiful. Russian stamps are quite gorgeous especially unused and in fully colour. Funny enough, I also find a lot of their cancellations to be quite nice as well, particularly the early ones. Well done, Floortrader.
Edited by stamps101 - 10/22/2021 5:21 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5565 Posts
Posted 10/26/2021   01:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5565 Posts
Posted 10/26/2021   10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5565 Posts
Posted 10/26/2021   11:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks ----txstamp , stamps101 , and Shermae for the kind words .

I know that I show full pages but let me confirm that I got 30 or 40 times the amount of pages that are barely full or contain just one stamp on the page .I will start show some of those too.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3858 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   08:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful pages floortrader

As an added bonus this helps me identify some mysteries in my own collection. :)

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5565 Posts
Posted 10/28/2021   1:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Page: of 17 Previous TopicReplies: 246 / Views: 15,947Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05