Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Piece De Resistance On Steiner Pages .

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 323 / Views: 21,120Next Topic
Page: of 22
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
927 Posts
Posted 01/07/2022   11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
floor trader your pages/collections are wonderful - I have been going through page by page. Great viewing and learning for seasoned and new collectors alike.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5861 Posts
Posted 01/08/2022   09:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Mrita , I just printed up two more countries on Steiner Pages and hope to start mounting them , made up Monaco and Libya . Monaco will have a lot of Mint Never Hinged in mounts .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5861 Posts
Posted 01/09/2022   1:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5861 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   10:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just finish this page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3888 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   10:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice pages

I especially like the page from Iran and the Queen Victoria

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5861 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   10:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dianne , trying to show the new collectors how stamp collecting was seen back in the 1950's and 1960's . Back then the most popular way to collect was a Worldwide Collection .

To me as a collector it was always special to fill a complete page ,it was a point to show everybody where I was at , now it is a race to see how many pages I can add that don't show up in other peoples Worldwide Collections .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5861 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   11:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5861 Posts
Posted 01/16/2022   10:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5861 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   09:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5861 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   08:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5861 Posts
Posted 01/21/2022   08:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Due to the huge increase in the cost of stamp hinges , I am thinking of showing the underside of stamps mounted on pages with stamps mounted with Dennison hinges
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5861 Posts
Posted 01/22/2022   12:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
191 Posts
Posted 01/22/2022   10:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phillystamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Re the back of those expensively hinged stamps. Possibly apocryphal anecdote, More people came to see the spot on the wall where the Mona Lisa had hung in the days after it was stolen in 1911 than had come to see the painting itself in the previous year.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5861 Posts
Posted 01/22/2022   10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For many years I filled my collection with stamps from the 2 cent tables at many different stamp shows and stamp bourses around Chicago and the MidWest . Now to think that I would pay 3 cents for a hinge to mount them .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
735 Posts
Posted 01/22/2022   10:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Heck, I did a whole exhibit with the stamps all mounted backward... It was on the stamp papers and those inked designs just got in the way. For some reason I never got higher than a gold and more often a silver with it. :)
Page: of 22 Previous TopicReplies: 323 / Views: 21,120Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05