Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Piece DE Resistance On Steiner Pages .

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 1,264Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
235 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   8:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waddsbadds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I managed to snag a copy of the 5 pound Queen Victoria stamp a couple of years ago that was at a price that, although still hefty was too good to pass up. I figured I'd never find one at that price again. It's not a particularly rare stamp, there were almost a quarter of a million printed, and at any given time you can usually find 40 or 50 for sale on ebay, but it's such an iconic stamp that demand far exceeds supply. I also have its older sister, the 5 pound QV telegraph stamp, which is actually scarcer.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by waddsbadds - 06/03/2020 8:38 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4708 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   11:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice stamp ,I was not fimilar with the revenue stamp with "telegraph" on it instead of "postage" . I looked on EBAY and couldn't find your telegraph stamp for sale ,but found a few POSTAGE stamps of the 5 pound QV stamp for sale in the $3,000 to $5,000 range.

Would like to pick up a "Telegraph " copy ,since you said so many are aviable,going to put that into my search tab.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4873 Posts
Posted 06/04/2020   02:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You might like to see this display ...

https://www.rpsl.org.uk/rpsl/Displa...1001_001.pdf
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4708 Posts
Posted 06/04/2020   08:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks GeoffHa ,interesting read .
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4873 Posts
Posted 06/04/2020   08:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, some lovely stamps there. And a nice little income for post office employees selling the used stamps to dealers!
Valued Member
United States
184 Posts
Posted 06/04/2020   6:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Germania to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You might like to see this display ...

https://www.rpsl.org.uk/rpsl/Displa...1001_001.pdf

GeoffHa,
British stamps are not my field of interest but that is a very interesting article! It has provided me with some ideas about categorizing color. Thanks.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4873 Posts
Posted 06/04/2020   6:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I'm highly unlikely to own any of these, but I enjoy reading about them!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4708 Posts
Posted 06/10/2020   08:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
more philatelic eye candy ....
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4708 Posts
Posted 06/10/2020   6:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
4708 Posts
Posted 06/12/2020   11:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
4708 Posts
Posted 06/14/2020   1:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
4708 Posts
Posted 06/21/2020   11:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
LUXEMBOURG ---
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 1,264Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05