Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Piece De Resistance On Steiner Pages .

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 137 / Views: 9,051Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5291 Posts
Posted 04/22/2021   8:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks gvol21

As a worldwide collector who has viewed 100's of other people's collections ,especially worldwide collections [ mostly at large public stamp auctions ].Got to understand some of the big gaps in these collections as well in my own collection was the early Spanish Colonies .

As I builded up my Spanish Colonies also notice other areas that were lacking a decent showing in worldwide collections . Over the past few years my goal has been to add those stamps especially in complete sets that rarely come on the market .
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
Posted 04/23/2021   10:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
floortrader,

I've really been enjoying this thread, especially the Austria pages. For the Steiner pages, are you using 8.5X11 paper or something larger? Is there a particular brand/color paper you use?

Dale
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5291 Posts
Posted 04/23/2021   11:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Statesman ----I use STAPLES 20lbs Tan paper . For a couple of reasons ,first it is easy to find ,second it is light weight . Third it is cheap ,fourth it can be purchased and stocked up for future use . Years ago I purchase a higher quality International Paper Cream color paper and was using that ,then they discontinued it and had no stock inventory ,as I needed to add extra pages .

Weight becomes a issue with the more binders you have . I recently purchased a Belgium collection in Palo {sp. incorrect } it was 2 binders with pages they cost $200.00 ,but I bought the whole mounted collection for $400.00 with nothing for the binders and pages . So at auction you get little or nothing for expensive binders or pages that you buy .

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5291 Posts
Posted 04/26/2021   3:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Statesman -- I finished a nice binder/album of Austria on Steiner Pages recently . Then I seen a ad for a speciallized book on Austria stamps which I just purchased . The book goes into a lot of items not listed in my Scott Classic .

So I am thinking to do a seperate section on Austria on Steiner pages and add a 100 or so blank not printed pages with stamps that the Scott catalog doesn't mention .
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
Posted 04/26/2021   7:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
floortrader,

I hope you'll post some photos of the non-Scott listed pages once you have them done. If I may ask, what book did you pick up? Besides Scott, I have an older Michel Austria catalogue but haven't done anything with it yet.

Dale
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5291 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   09:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5291 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   09:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Statesman - The book is the Billig's Handbook vol 1 ,it has a good start for me of items not listed in the regular catalogs
Edited by floortrader - 05/01/2021 09:59 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5291 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   10:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5291 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   12:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5291 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   10:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5291 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   07:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5291 Posts
Posted 05/13/2021   11:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
Posted 05/13/2021   12:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
floortrader,

Some great pages. Thank you for sharing.

The Victor Emmanuel set gives me a chuckle. Such a serious looking guy framed in all those different colors.

I like the Shah Ahmed set. I picked up some of these in a set of old approval books a couple years ago. For this set I have everything through the 3 Kr stamp. There are a bunch of others, but I've held off doing anything with them because I don't have any resources to help identify the forgeries.

Dale
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5291 Posts
Posted 05/13/2021   11:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Statesman -- Thanks for the kind words .

Just trying to build a decent size worldwide collection in my life time ,want to see how far I can go .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5291 Posts
Posted 05/17/2021   12:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 137 / Views: 9,051Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05