Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Largest Number Stamps On Envelope/Package Photo Thread

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 2,916Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
Posted 08/19/2021   6:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eraserman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I plan to send this envelope to my sister tomorrow.

There are 40 stamps on the front and 15 on the back.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7540 Posts
Posted 08/19/2021   6:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
At the GASS I saw a banker's box covered on all four sides. No idea how many were on it......
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
71 Posts
Posted 08/22/2021   11:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gwanghoops to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
tomorrow's outgoing mail

I've sent many packages via USPS (not the cheapest) covered in stamps. my package rules: use one denomination, all self adhesives or complete sheets, apply in rectangular arrays to aid in counting, keep it to 1-2 sides, and put the math down. still they do it the hard way...

Pillar Of The Community
United States
682 Posts
Posted 08/23/2021   11:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add funcitypapa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good way to use up the old sheets from the 50's that many of us have in abundance
Valued Member
340 Posts
Posted 08/23/2021   1:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Torin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
eraserman: Do you think the USPS machines would be able to read an envelope like that with so many stamps?

gwanghoops: Your stamps and the way you have them affixed to the envelopes makes your mail look classy and elegant.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1507 Posts
Posted 08/23/2021   2:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One way to ensure a correct USPS facer-canceled read is to place, in the upper right hand corner, a low-value current self-adhesive definitive or some other modern stamp that is tagged. The equipment is looking for a tagged stamp in the upper right corner. And you only need one.
Edited by cjpalermo1964 - 08/23/2021 2:17 pm
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
Posted 08/23/2021   6:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eraserman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Torin, no but then again I do not expect it to go through the machines.

I figure a employee will count it and find out there are enough on it and either cancel it by hand stamp or marker monkey it or just let it go through with out canceling them.
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
Posted 08/23/2021   6:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eraserman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey gwanghoops would you mind listing the stamps you used since there are a few that I would like to buy and use.
Pillar Of The Community
3753 Posts
Posted 08/23/2021   9:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I do not expect it to go through the machines

Pretty much *everything* goes through the machines - even items with the non-machinable surcharge paid!
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
Posted 09/14/2021   5:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eraserman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Torin yesterday I got a text from my sister telling me she received the envelope, so it made it through okay.

She did not say when she received it and since she checks her mail every few days instead of everyday I do not think she will know the exact day she got it.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 2,916Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05