Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Schlesvig (Zone1) Flaw 10 Kr Stamp?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 359Next Topic  
Valued Member

Romania
195 Posts
Posted 05/20/2020   05:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add cupram to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
The 10 Kr stamp has a flaw (E from Slesvig) unlike the other 1, 2 and 5Kr stamps

This flaw is not registered in cat.Michel and all 10 Kr stamps found on sales sites show this flaw.
Is it possible that all the stamps on the sheet 10 Kr show this defect?
Thank you if you check on your 10 Kr stamps.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2651 Posts
Posted 05/20/2020   07:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it is possible.If this is a constant flaw it is not indicated in general catalogs for most stamps;except for the major flaw types. Specialized catalogs will have these flaws listed.
I Don't know what the rarety level is for this flaw...
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by perf12 - 05/20/2020 07:27 am
Valued Member
Romania
195 Posts
Posted 05/20/2020   10:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have Michel specialized catalog.It isn't registered.
Valued Member
426 Posts
Posted 05/20/2020   2:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sorsh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
these are printed as a whole cliché, so it's futile to compare to anything else than other 10kr.

i knew there was a set in a collection I bought recently. And the 10kr there doesn't have this flaw.

you can acquire a bunch of them and see if you can find more, if you can, it might be a constant flaw, matrice flaw, if you can't you need at least 2-3 other copies for it to be registered as a flaw (and quite likely also the position in sheet) If not it's just a random dot

if you plan to sell it, you can just list it as a possible variation, there are flyspeckers in this area.
Valued Member
Romania
195 Posts
Posted 05/21/2020   03:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sorsh.
I am a beginner collector of normal German stamps and especially with flaws.
I don't know English well and I guess that the definition for "constant flaw" is "plate error in identified field" in the sheet.
What I think about the 10 Kr stamp (with defective E) is that it is not flaw.
I already have 2 stamps of this type and on the net I found 4 more, all of the same type. My conclusion is that all the fields in the sheet show this deformation of E (error in all fields = normal stamp = not flaw)

What I'm looking for, is a 10 Kr stamp with a normal E and I hope that the collectors who own it, will post it or confirm to me that their copy has a defective E.
Please post, if you can, your stamp without E defect.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
425 Posts
Posted 05/21/2020   1:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EMaxim to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. I don't have a copy of this 10K. Perhaps Sorsh can post a scan of the one that he recently acquired, to show for comparison the normal E that he says it has.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4359 Posts
Posted 05/21/2020   1:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My 10 kr "1 ZONE" is printed with the elongated serif.
Valued Member
Romania
195 Posts
Posted 05/21/2020   4:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Thank you bookbndrbob.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
2973 Posts
Posted 05/22/2020   5:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi cupram,

Thanks for sharing your example of the plate flaw with the three dots after the T of PLEBISCIT.

This is the only flaw on this stamp listed in my old Michel catalogue, Mi 28 I.
Nigel
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
425 Posts
Posted 05/22/2020   8:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EMaxim to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We need to see an example of the 10K "1 ZOne" without the elongated serif on the E. Assuming such an one exists.
Valued Member
426 Posts
Posted 05/26/2020   08:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sorsh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
i found a few copies.

seems all mine 1 zone have it too, but the normal stamp does not.

i have more collections around I can look in, but pressed for time..
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 359Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05