Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scott 2745 - Pane Of 16 Stamps - Variety

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 4 / Views: 236Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
6992 Posts
Posted 05/21/2020   9:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Have seen this a while ago...

This "RMS Empress of Ireland" sheet has a 'DOT' on the wall of a ship's upper door...It is the first/top left stamp...See sheet below.

Robert

Below is a normal stamp wall...Plus stamp with a dot beside the door.

I need people to check their stamps to see if it maybe a variety or just an oddity...Any help appreciated.
Send note to Staff
Edited by wert - 05/22/2020 07:26 am

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29325 Posts
Posted 05/22/2020   12:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just a polite FYI.
The wall of a ship is referred to as a "Bulkhead" (Fore and aft bulkhead in your example)
Walls that go port to starboard are "Thwartship bulkheads"
The "Bullwark" is the fence that goes around the deck.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
6992 Posts
Posted 05/22/2020   07:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some one emailed me asking where on the stamp is the spot {or as I have nicked named it Port Hole}...Added picture with arrow to show the spot.

Robert

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1250 Posts
Posted 05/23/2020   10:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately, I must have used my position 1 for postage as I still have most of the pane. My two OFDCs do not have position 1 either.
Pillar Of The Community
754 Posts
Posted Yesterday   09:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not on my sheet...
Pillar Of The Community
6992 Posts
Posted Yesterday   10:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for trying guys...Appreciate it very much.
I will let it go as an oddity then.

Robert
  Replies: 4 / Views: 236Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05