Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Found Some Stamps...spent Hours Researching...think I May Have Caught The Bug

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 222Next Topic  

United Kingdom
4 Posts
Posted 05/22/2020   4:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add foundstamps2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
spent hours looking at stamps, not sure whats worth anything and whats not?
Thought I better ask the real experts.
I have 14 pages on paper a bit smaller than A5....

I found an Australia 1d Red KGV head, then found out about the Sideways Watermark discovery, however I havent a clue how I can tell if this is the case of not...

Anyway one jpg included to get the ball rolling.

Many thanks in advance for the membersd kind input here
Send note to Staff

United Kingdom
4 Posts
Posted 05/22/2020   4:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add foundstamps2020 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
2nd sheet

I am scanning them quickly and at 100dpi resolution to get them under the required 200kb
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
United Kingdom
4 Posts
Posted 05/22/2020   4:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add foundstamps2020 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
3rd
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29325 Posts
Posted 05/22/2020   4:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Forget about value,
You will end up barking at the moon.
That all comes later.

You are at a point, billions of people, us included, once started.
We all had what you have.
The next step is to buy a worldwide stamp catalogue, and begin to sort, and research your stamps, therein lies the passion.

Once you see a stamp with a high catalogue value, then bring it here for opinions.

So you have the bug, that's good, it may carry you through life, if you befriend it and approach it with scholarship.
Edited by rod222 - 05/22/2020 4:40 pm
United Kingdom
4 Posts
Posted 05/22/2020   4:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add foundstamps2020 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
357 Posts
Posted 05/22/2020   6:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Walkman82 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All of those stamps look like the great start of a nice stamp collection. Welcome to the greatest hobby in the world!!
Plate Number Coil Collectors Club (www.PNC3.org) Webmaster

Visit my website @ www.scottsstampcollection.com
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6770 Posts
Posted 05/22/2020   6:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great start of a great pastime and welcome

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1386 Posts
Posted 05/22/2020   9:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is the king of hobbies. Welcome aboard!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
514 Posts
Posted 05/22/2020   11:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I caught the bug too. I started with thousands of mixed up stamps from all over the world. The process and the forum have taught me a great deal...I'm a novice but take great pride in my stamps and how I have evolved. Welcome!! It's a great place. And your mix looked a lot like mine :)
Valued Member
India
17 Posts
Posted 05/23/2020   03:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps_philateli to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the king of hobbies and stamp community
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 222Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05