Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1927 Chevy Auto Rotisserie Sales Flyer Found Inside Cover

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 114Next Topic  
Learn More...
8030 Posts
Posted 05/22/2020   9:02 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add 51studebaker to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Sometimes you can find some interesting snapshots of history hiding inside the covers we like to collect.

I found this four page 1927 'Chevrolet Service Bulletin' (actually an advertisement for 'Gene's Auto Place). Being an old car kind of guy, I found it interesting. I especially like the image of the 'auto rotisserie'. These are commonly seen today in restoration shops after the car body is removed from the chassis for body and paint work. Finding the center of gravity of a auto body shell is one thing, I cannot imagine trying to find the center of gravity of a fully functional automobile.
Don

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6599 Posts
Posted 05/22/2020   9:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool. And very expensive.
If you want to compare the value of a $1.00 Commodity in 1927 there are four choices. In 2019 the relative:
real price of that commodity is $14.70
real value in consumption of that commodity is $32.40
labor value of that commodity is $53.50 (using the unskilled wage) or $62.70 (using production worker compensation)
income value of that commodity is $80.50
economic share of that commodity is $222.00

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29325 Posts
Posted 05/22/2020   10:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great piece of ephemera. Thanks for posting.
I am a big fan of the TV series "Graveyard Cars" and the Mopar workshop,
They use a modern version of that.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 114Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05