Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Show Your US 1857 Perforated Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 207 / Views: 6,533Next Topic
Page: of 14
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2458 Posts
Posted 07/03/2020   12:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Seems difficult to find a 25 or 26 that's well or decently centered, without the perforations digging into the label blocks or frame lines.

Especially 25 as it was printed from "4 of the plates used to print the imperf. stamps".
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
644 Posts
Posted 07/04/2020   2:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caper123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's why I was pleased when I found this one several years back.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2318 Posts
Posted 07/04/2020   5:32 pm  Show Profile Check sinclair2010's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That one definitely deserves a wow!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
844 Posts
Posted 07/04/2020   5:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finally a nicely centred specimen Caper.
It's exactly what I am hunting for
Pillar Of The Community
United States
644 Posts
Posted 07/04/2020   9:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caper123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It also looks like it deserves a bath...
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5971 Posts
Posted 07/06/2020   11:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1 Position 60L2

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5971 Posts
Posted 07/06/2020   11:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1 Position 43L1L

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1545 Posts
Posted 07/06/2020   11:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That 60L2 looks post-office fresh, stallzer. Just gorgeous!
Valued Member
United States
14 Posts
Posted 07/07/2020   11:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mpobe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
New member here. Been collecting since 11 years old. Now 59. Math is weak but I am old(er). lol
I have always had an eye for one in a million copies of thing and while my quantity is not what the age would suggest, it is optimized for my eye. There was a lull of about 20 years while I was a)running my business, losing my business later and feeding my kids. Now in the 14th hole of my life I can get back to the frivolities of life and the wonder of stamp collecting once again. I am doing the Lindbergh flight and its fun again!
Here is a few of my Washington 3c

Edited by mpobe - 07/07/2020 11:17 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
628 Posts
Posted 07/07/2020   11:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing.
Are you sure your top stamp is a 26?
Looks like it has 4 frame lines.
Valued Member
United States
14 Posts
Posted 07/07/2020   11:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mpobe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah. My typo. Thanks. 25 not sure of 25a/25
Acquired around 1992
Edited by mpobe - 07/07/2020 11:26 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1545 Posts
Posted 07/07/2020   11:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, mpobe!

Your first stamp is a #25 (no inner frame lines).
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
908 Posts
Posted 07/07/2020   5:42 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's one I need some help with. It was cataloged as a #20 (type II) but with the top cut off I can't confirm.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1318 Posts
Posted 07/07/2020   6:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Confirmed. It is a Plate 12 B Relief, Type II.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
908 Posts
Posted 07/07/2020   9:08 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much
Page: of 14 Previous TopicReplies: 207 / Views: 6,533Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05