Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Show Your US 1857 Perforated Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 248 / Views: 8,589Next Topic
Page: of 17
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2202 Posts
Posted 08/28/2020   8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Territorials are a lot of fun.
Many, if not most, can be had for not too many $$.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
411 Posts
Posted 08/28/2020   9:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Snagged these 8 or 10 years ago at about the same time. The first is a #33 and I have not identified the cancel. The other is a #35.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2368 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   07:40 am  Show Profile Check sinclair2010's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
New Sharon, Maine if you want to know.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
708 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   11:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caper123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A number of years ago now I came across this one on-line, with a cert. Strip of 3 26A's and a 24, 4L10.

Valued Member
United States
411 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   3:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Winston! The contrast between the green stamp and the rich red of the cds just grabbed my eye - I call a 10c 1855 with a red cancel: Christmas stamps. Probably a confusing nickname, though. The town name is nice to know.

Caper - nice cross-country cover. I love those mixed usages!
Edited by mootermutt987 - 08/29/2020 3:43 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1367 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   6:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think the Ten-Cent 1855-59 deserves a little love in this thread. Here is an apparently unused example of Type V (Scott #35), position 8L2 (curl in head).

Pillar Of The Community
United States
708 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   7:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caper123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Dudley!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
708 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   7:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caper123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bought a stamp lot from overseas for $11 and found this surprise in it...

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2202 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   8:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
dudley - good eye, nice stamp.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1367 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   8:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Caper, that looks like Type IV, position 55L1. Great find! I'd expect the bottom recut line to extend a bit further to the left under the N of TEN, though. Maybe the photo somehow obscures this.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
708 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   10:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caper123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is almost a small gap under the N. Sorry for the photo quality. It was inside a mount under the plastic of a Vario page. I scan all my pages every now and again.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
708 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   10:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caper123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a better view

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1367 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   11:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, definitely 55L1, Scott #34. Nice!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2202 Posts
Posted 08/31/2020   10:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Its interesting, for whatever reason, I don't seem to see/hear about as many Ty IV 10c discoveries as discoveries of other stamps.

It seems as though on the perforated 10c stamps, the fact that the Ty V bottom line is pretty strong could confuse people - especially with a stamp centered a bit right like this one. I would expect more of these to be out there.

Good going.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
663 Posts
Posted 08/31/2020   10:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have 4 or 5 Scott #35's type V (I think).

What should I be looking for?

Probably should post pictures too, huh?
Edited by Moyock13 - 08/31/2020 10:59 am
Page: of 17 Previous TopicReplies: 248 / Views: 8,589Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 3.09 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05