Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Canada Scott 15 Experts Out There?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 689Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
114 Posts
Posted 05/25/2020   8:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Trodent to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looks like Rock in Waterfall Variety. From that small Canada Collection.

Similar to Flyspecker.com website, but the stamp on his site doesnt show or mention the left frameline doubling. Could this stamp be from the latter printings?

Doesn't seem to be on re-entries.com site either

Close Up

Doubling Upper Left Frameline

Doubling Lower Left Frameline

Doubling Lower Right Frameline

Trodent
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
7070 Posts
Posted 05/25/2020   9:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Trodent
I would say 99% that your stamp is Rock in Waterfall Variety.
Go to Scott's FlySpecker.com web site below..Your stamp is there.

Robert

http://flyspecker.com/14.html

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
927 Posts
Posted 05/25/2020   9:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rock? It looks more like a bowling ball! Just saying. Nice strike!
Nice variety.

Mike
Pillar Of The Community
United States
638 Posts
Posted 05/26/2020   12:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would call yours a boulder. Here are my two copies of the "Rock in Waterfall". I do see the re-entered frame lines, also.

Mike
Pillar Of The Community
7070 Posts
Posted 05/26/2020   12:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are more dots and weird spots..There are lots of them.

The first close up is very noticeable by the eye.
The last one has what looks like a re-entry..???

Robert

Pillar Of The Community
7070 Posts
Posted 05/26/2020   10:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
BTW Mike...I won...haha

Robert

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
927 Posts
Posted 05/26/2020   10:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Robert, you did with all those hugs and kisses. Is that your new and different postal code? XOXOXO Is it Canada Post approved?

Mike
Edited by No1philatelist - 05/26/2020 10:58 pm
Pillar Of The Community
7070 Posts
Posted 05/26/2020   11:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No...It is the X and O game...No hugs...haha

Robert

Pillar Of The Community
United States
638 Posts
Posted 05/27/2020   07:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Robert the name of the game is tic-tac-toe. If your playing an expert there is no way to win this game.

Mike
Pillar Of The Community
7070 Posts
Posted 05/27/2020   08:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the name of the game is tic-tac-toe

Your right Mike..Stupid me

Quote:
If your playing an expert there is no way to win this game

That's why I only play my wife...Shhhh...Hope she doesn't read these posts...haha

Robert

Edited by wert - 05/27/2020 08:32 am
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
927 Posts
Posted 05/27/2020   10:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert, don't beat yourself up. I could not resist the fun shot at the X's and O's as a postal code but some families do write that on Birthday, Christmas and other greeting cards in NS meaning hugs and kisses.

Different parts of our countries/world do call the same game differing names depending on influences in their area. The fact you are located in Canada and call it X and O which is the British name, versus Mike in the USA with the name tic-tac-toe which is the American version of the same game. So you were not wrong, in fact you both were correct. And please dont call yourself that again, you don't deserve it.

We all learn something new on this forum everyday. And in fact you brought to the attention of many members varieties and flyspecks that were previously unknown, and some definetly odd stuff. So carry on and keep enjoying what your doing, it all makes this forum and the hobby more enjoyable over all.

Mike

Edit: spelling.
Edited by No1philatelist - 05/28/2020 9:37 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
638 Posts
Posted 05/28/2020   07:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Robert, The last picture you showed, with dots and lines indicated, points to a short line just inside the vertical frame line. This line is a constant feature and is probably on the transfer roll used to rock in the images to the plate. It can be found on all copies if the ink took to that fine line.

Mike
Edited by watermark - 05/28/2020 3:47 pm
Pillar Of The Community
7070 Posts
Posted 05/28/2020   1:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gotcha Mike...Thanks
Robert

BTW No1philatelist...Thanks for the kind words my friend.
Edited by wert - 05/28/2020 4:27 pm
Valued Member
Canada
114 Posts
Posted 05/28/2020   11:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trodent to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Next Question, How many copies are possibly out there?
Pillar Of The Community
7070 Posts
Posted 05/28/2020   11:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Next Question, How many copies are possibly out there?

Trodent if you are referring to"rock/boulder"..As most collectors put
a percentage again remaining stamps..

Possibly any where from 3979 to 7958.

Robert

P.S...Did you get my email..??
Pillar Of The Community
760 Posts
Posted 05/29/2020   08:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Too bad the issue isn't imperforate. Then you would have a stamp with the ROCK on PAPER needing SCISSORS ;)
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 689Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05