Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Canada Scott 15 Experts Out There?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 910Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
114 Posts
Posted 05/29/2020   8:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trodent to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
hey Sak, dont you mean ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS, BEAVER(lizard), SPOCK!!

reference to Sheldon on Big Bang Theory

Trodent
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
7114 Posts
Posted 05/29/2020   8:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
haha

Trodent, I remember that...Good one
Robert

Pillar Of The Community
United States
648 Posts
Posted 05/30/2020   07:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The quantity of stamps printed from the plates that showed the flaw, according to data published in Whitworth, are state 9 - two orders of 20,000 stamps, state 10 - 1 order of 20,000 stamps, and state 11 - 2 orders 10,000 and 13,000 stamps. There is no real way to know how many still exist unless one does a complete inventory of all copies of the stamp.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
648 Posts
Posted 07/16/2020   07:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In regard to the original post on the 'Rock in Waterfall" variety. I have been trying to play catch up on mounting all my 5 cents Beaver varieties and thought I would share a nice cover I have. It is a vertical pair with the top stamp showing the variety.

The Postmark on cover reads New-Liverpool, September 17, '67, L. C. This is a State 9 printing. The pair is positions 53 (Rock in Falls variety), and Position 63 has a very minor printing flaw which is a small dot above the right flower in the inner oval.

Mike
Edited by watermark - 07/16/2020 07:58 am
Pillar Of The Community
7114 Posts
Posted 07/16/2020   08:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mike

That is one beautiful cover with that rock (boulder) there.

My friend (whom you know) just acquired another rock on waterfalls that is 11.75 x 12 (possible 12.1) which proves the 11.75 perforation machine was used longer than thought.

Your stamp is on top and the (newly found) 11.75 on the bottom...

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
United States
648 Posts
Posted 07/16/2020   12:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert, Taking two different scans and trying to show minor perforation differences is not very accurate. If they are scanned together at the same time it would be much more accurate. There are potential differences in scan size depending on how the scan is done and what settings are used. I have two scanners and have used them on the same stamp using identical settings and I can detect differences in the two scanned images. If the stamps are on the scanner at the same time you might be able to show perforation differences in a single side by side scan. But this is not so if comparing two different scans.

Best, Mike
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 910Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05