Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Want To Ask About My 596 Or 594 1 Cent Green Is Or Not Good To Send It For A Certificate.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 611Next Topic  
Valued Member

Romania
23 Posts
Posted 05/27/2020   08:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add stampy1976 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi to all members from stamp community.
This are 3 photo that I upload for my stamp from a lot of variety of Rotary 1 cent green stamps.
Please give me an opinion about it.Vertical have 13 perf anf horizontal have 11 perf like the original.Color is green.

Thank you and I wait your opinion.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
3271 Posts
Posted 05/27/2020   08:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Flat plate stamps have ink setoff on their backs.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
Posted 05/27/2020   08:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sheetguy2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3524 Posts
Posted 05/27/2020   11:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree #552. And thank you for showing the back as that made identification much easier.
Valued Member
United States
373 Posts
Posted 05/28/2020   12:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Walkman82 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not saying the stamp is a 594 or 596 (or a 552 for that matter), but I am amazed at how quickly some people are ready to shout "SETOFF" and end the discussion. It's downright humorous to watch.

I'll just leave this right here and check back later: http://goscf.com/t/61547

Scott
Member APS, PNC3, AFDCS, PSS

Plate Number Coil Collectors Club (www.PNC3.org) Webmaster

Visit my website @ www.scottsstampcollection.com
Valued Member
Romania
23 Posts
Posted 05/28/2020   05:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampy1976 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I compare with other of mine who is smaller and I put already the back of the other stamp.

The other side of the second stamp who is small than first posted here.
The second have 11 and 10.1/2 PERF

Thank you
MICHAEL
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5949 Posts
Posted 05/28/2020   06:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
11 X 10.5 means it's a rotary press printing but not the grand prize which is 11 X 11.
Valued Member
Germany
44 Posts
Posted 05/28/2020   06:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamphunter1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your stamps are foremost shure both scott 552 perforation 11x11.

You understand something wrongly it's not the height of the entire stamp that asses if it's a scott 596. It's the height of the stamp design.
Edited by stamphunter1 - 05/28/2020 06:33 am
Valued Member
Romania
23 Posts
Posted 05/28/2020   07:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampy1976 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The height of the stamp design for small one(new one) look bigger maybe with 0.5mm. Is just a simple view I will do measurement .
The standard #532 is 19mmx22mm and #569 is 19mmx22.5mm.

Thank you,
Michael
Learn More...
8187 Posts
Posted 05/28/2020   07:47 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
stampy1976,
There are at least 20 other threads which claim to have a 594/596. It is such a common misidentification that one of our members wrote this article,
http://stampsmarter.com/learning/ID...arities.html

Don
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 611Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05