Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Albino Print On 726 "Fundy"

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 659Next Topic
Page: of 2
SCF Advertiser
Learn More...

Canada
259 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   9:41 pm  Show Profile Check steve123's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add steve123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, everyone:

Can anyone help out with software to show the errors better that I describe below? If a larger file is required, I can PM one.

"Unlisted Canada Error on 726. Albino print of all black print is printed above and to the right of the visible print. Only at the right angle and right light is this visible.

Thank you,
Steve

Send note to Staff
Moreland Revenue Stamps
Specializing in Canadian Revenues
Also Canada / USA EFO's
www.morelandrevenuestamps.com

Edited by steve123 - 06/02/2020 9:55 pm

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1260 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   9:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Did you mean something other than "all black print is printed above and to the right of the black print" ?

Shifted inscriptions in all directions are often seen on this stamp.

Your's is shifted down.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
927 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   9:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Steve. I know there were several printing shifts on these. I see from the scan that it is down on this one. I have one as well, but unsure of shift, I believe it is sideways.

I do not believe mine has an albino print strike without the ink. So if yours is up, it is probably more to the normal height where it would normally be but just more to the right?
Edited by No1philatelist - 06/02/2020 10:00 pm
SCF Advertiser
Learn More...
Canada
259 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   11:54 am  Show Profile Check steve123's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add steve123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All the black inscriptions have "doubled" albinos. I can't say that it is printed because they were not. What has probably happened is that the black was to to be printed but there was no ink. So, it left the exact area of where the black printing was to be in an albino state. Then the sheet was refed, but printed in the wrong area, hence the shifted black.

The two I have were from a Bileski collection. I'll attach a note of his scan below. What I'm asking the community for is if somone who is good at graphic software, to get the image to a state where both albino and black ink can be seen.

It really is quite a unique error.

Moreland Revenue Stamps
Also Canada / USA EFO's

Valued Member
391 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   3:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These photos are from Armstrongsstamps site:

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6804 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   3:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Even without all the arrows and the circle I can see the variety clearly in stamps101's picture. However I can not see even a bit of it in the OP's picture

Peter
SCF Advertiser
Learn More...
Canada
259 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   3:54 pm  Show Profile Check steve123's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add steve123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for those. It looks like it may be the same error with theirs more pronounced. Was there a price?
Thank you,
Steve
Moreland Revenue Stamps
Also Canada / USA EFO's

Valued Member
391 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   3:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They state Unitrade lists the block of 4 as $1750 CDN and their price on the site is $750 USD.
SCF Advertiser
Learn More...
Canada
259 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   4:29 pm  Show Profile Check steve123's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add steve123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I see now that theirs is 726ii, inscriptions doubled, kiss print. $1750 for a blank corner block of 4.
So, I have 726ii but less pronounced.
Thank you everyone for your help.
Steve
Moreland Revenue Stamps
Also Canada / USA EFO's

Valued Member
United Kingdom
407 Posts
Posted 06/05/2020   08:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Anthraquinone to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamps101
Quote:
These photos are from Armstrongsstamps site:

I am puzzled by the images that you have posted. Bileski says that the whole sheet was affected but in the images only the highlighted area on one stamp seems to be doubled. I cannot see any doubling on the other three stamps shown. That does not make sense.

AQ
SCF Advertiser
Learn More...
Canada
259 Posts
Posted 06/05/2020   09:30 am  Show Profile Check steve123's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add steve123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A good point. If the whole sheet was refed, this is a separate error.
Moreland Revenue Stamps
Also Canada / USA EFO's

Edited by steve123 - 06/05/2020 09:31 am
Valued Member
391 Posts
Posted 06/05/2020   10:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is interesting that Saskatoon Stamp also has one listed with this description:
"$1 Fundy DOUBLE PRINT. "$1 POSTES/POSTAGE CANADA" printing is shifted 1mm to the left with strong "ALBINO" second impression in proper position. Ex Arn collection."

And here is a pic ...I cannot see it here either.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4232 Posts
Posted 06/05/2020   11:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Shadows inside "C" and "A" are visible on my screen.
Pillar Of The Community
7070 Posts
Posted 06/05/2020   11:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It is interesting that Saskatoon Stamp also has one listed with this description: "$1 Fundy DOUBLE PRINT. "$1 POSTES/POSTAGE CANADA" printing is shifted 1mm to the left with strong "ALBINO" second impression in proper position. Ex Arn collection."

Some ting seems wrong here...The Saskatoon Stamp that stamps101 has posted looks more like the bottom stamp that you posted..Weird en..??

Robert

Edited by wert - 06/05/2020 11:43 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
407 Posts
Posted 06/05/2020   2:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Anthraquinone to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Wert - something seems off. I think we are all looking at the the wrong way round - literally.

I have just looked at my copies of this stamp. FROM THE BACK the impression of CANADA is clearly visible and very easy to see on th eplain white background without the distraction of the printing.

Surely if the double impression is real and was caused by the whole sheet being fed through the press twice as Bileski says then you would expect to see two identical impressions (the print pressure would have been the same for both) but one impression would be displaced. As I said before this should be on all the stamps and going by what I have would be very easy to see

Steve123. Can you supply an oblique image of the back of the item you have.

AQ
Edited by Anthraquinone - 06/05/2020 2:28 pm
SCF Advertiser
Learn More...
Canada
259 Posts
Posted 06/05/2020   2:35 pm  Show Profile Check steve123's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add steve123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is the second copy that I have. Photographed this time, at this angle, you should be able to see the "A" in the proper position above and between "DA". Saskatoon Stamp #75872.0 is the same I believe, just that the shifting of the "Albino" print is in a different position.

My image below... (other letters appear at a different angle / lighting)

Moreland Revenue Stamps
Also Canada / USA EFO's

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 659Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05